Site search not working

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
mjr

Site search not working

Post by mjr »

Just tried to search the site and got an error that said search isn't possible and details have been logged. What's up?

"Sorry, search could not be performed. More information about this failure has been logged in the error log."
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
simonineaston

Re: Site search not working

Post by simonineaston »

Might be connected with the site being offline (?) earlier today? Having just read Biden's comments re nuclear thisNthat and being mindful of the old rumour that the UK's Trident subs were supposed to keep an ear open to check that BBC's radio was broadcasting, I did worry for a few minutes... ;-)
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, I upgraded MySQL/MariaDB to a new version, and hadn't spotted that the Sphinx search engine (separate to phpBB) was compiled for the old version only, and wouldn't restart on system reboot.

Fixed.
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Cheers - thanks as ever for all the work you guys do behind the scenes - much appreciated :-)
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No problem, it's a pleasure!

[I've now also added Nagios monitoring for the search engine process, so I'll get notified when it next stops working.]