Changes to my Nazca Paseo

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
a.twiddler

Re: Changes to my Nazca Paseo

Post by a.twiddler »

Would the V brake work if you swapped the arms over on the pivots so the noodle and cable came in from the other side?
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

AZUB sell the composite seat for 219 euros. (609 for a carbon fibre one.) They should remove the VAT and there should be zero tariff, assuming the seat is made in the EU. The only charges should be UK VAT and customs handling.
Last edited by UpWrong on 20 Nov 2022, 11:57am, edited 1 time in total.
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

a.twiddler wrote: 20 Nov 2022, 11:20am Would the V brake work if you swapped the arms over on the pivots so the noodle and cable came in from the other side?
Can't swap the arms over, they are L and R specific. I believe there are/were some V-brakes where the noodle holder could be moved from one arm to the other. Will have to do some searching around on the net.
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

UpWrong wrote: 20 Nov 2022, 11:52am AZUB sell the composite seat for 219 euros. (609 for a carbon fibre one.) They should remove the VAT and there should be zero tariff, assuming the seat is made in the EU. The only charges should be UK VAT and customs handling.
They also have UK dealers, so might be able to order via that route. The VAT is probably collected differently that way, not by the courier I guess. I doubt it would change what I pay much, if at all.
Tigerbiten

Post by Tigerbiten »

I use a shaped polystyrene block under my ventisit pad to slightly change the shape of my hard shell seat so it fits me.
Because my arm harness pulls my shoulders back, the top of the seat needs to be convex not concave.
That's what the block does.

Luck .......... :D