Proof of ride

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
mumbojumbo

Re: Proof of ride

Post by mumbojumbo »

A very healthy attitude.
rareposter

Post by rareposter »

mumbojumbo wrote: 18 Nov 2022, 6:49pm Does it matter if a ride cannot be supported by evidence? Who would a rider need to convince?
If you're doing it for charity then sponsors / the charity themselves might want something more definitive than a few receipts from cafe stops.

Cant imagine why anyone would bother with paying for a certificate now though; Strava proves the same thing in far more detail plus you can hook it up to VeloViewer and download the full "bottom to top" route in one line and have it printed. Like this (not mine, just got it off a Google Image search)

mumbojumbo

Post by mumbojumbo »

There is a legal argument here ,as a third party is involved I would ask a local vicar to help out

.https://scotlandschurchestrust.org.uk/c ... ay-church/
rareposter

Post by rareposter »

mumbojumbo wrote: 20 Nov 2022, 6:06am There is a legal argument here ,as a third party is involved I would ask a local vicar to help out

Frankly, if I'd sponsored you on a LEJOG ride as you raised money for some noble cause, I'd be less than impressed if you presented me with a list of receipts from cafes and the alleged signature of a vicar in Wick! :shock:

Also, that would look rubbish on the wall as a memento of your achievement... :wink:
mumbojumbo

Post by mumbojumbo »

I have a few documents , commensurate with my modest qualifications, and none are displayed on walls. My preference is for facsimiles of paintings by Frances Beacon and Lucifer Freud..
pwa

Post by pwa »

rareposter wrote: 21 Nov 2022, 4:02pm
mumbojumbo wrote: 20 Nov 2022, 6:06am There is a legal argument here ,as a third party is involved I would ask a local vicar to help out

Frankly, if I'd sponsored you on a LEJOG ride as you raised money for some noble cause, I'd be less than impressed if you presented me with a list of receipts from cafes and the alleged signature of a vicar in Wick! :shock:

Also, that would look rubbish on the wall as a memento of your achievement... :wink:
If I'd sponsored someone for their LEJOG I'd just take their word for it that they had done it. And why would you want a memento on the wall at all? Isn't it a bit like having your swimming certificates on display? Even Strava doesn't absolutely prove you did it. It proves someone did it.
Ron

Post by Ron »

rareposter wrote: 21 Nov 2022, 4:02pm and the alleged signature of a vicar in Wick! :shock:
Cycling LEJOG pales into insignificance when compared with finding a vicar in Wick. :lol:
mumbojumbo

Post by mumbojumbo »

Have you not heard of Lachlan Macfergus,l ate of Canisbay?
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Dingdong wrote: 19 Nov 2022, 2:30pm I've never bothered with proof of rides, as long as I know I've done it, I've done it! :lol:
The only true proof - knowing you've done it.

A faker could produce mucho evidence, but they'd still know they haven't done it.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Dingdong

Post by Dingdong »

I'm planning it end of September next year. A nice T shirt will do for me :lol:
Dingdong

Post by Dingdong »

This will do! :lol:
Attachments
il_1588xN.3590751288_88n9.jpg
mumbojumbo