Bianchi Pista 55cm w/ Campag Record wheels

For sale of complete bikes, trikes, recumbents ( minor missing components acceptable. e.g. no saddle, no pedals ). Please do NOT post bike bits here. They will be deleted.
pwa

Re: Bianchi Pista 55cm w/ Campag Record wheels

Post by pwa »

Chris Jeggo wrote: 22 Nov 2022, 9:21am
highlandmoo wrote: 20 Nov 2022, 5:05pm A bike I claimed I would never sell but I just bought a cargo bike so need to make room.

55cm c-c top tube Bianchi Pista (2010ish). A few scratches and dinks on the frame but nothing major. NB this frame does not have a rear brake drilling. Does have a proper head tube badge though :)
tatanab wrote: 21 Nov 2022, 11:02am Pictures from Bianchi and Cycling Weekly https://www.cyclingweekly.com/reviews/f ... ista-steel show a rear brake, so the rear bridge must be drilled to accept one. Therefore, the buyer can choose whether or not to fit one since there is no requirement in law when riding fixed.
Can't both be right.
The seller must know whether their frame has a rear brake drilling, and they say not. So that must be the case. Openly and honestly described by the seller. I wish I had the legs for a handsome greyhound of a bike like that.
highlandmoo

Post by highlandmoo »

Sorry everyone, didn't get email notifications about this thread!

Frame is steel because steel is real etc.

Can confirm it's only got one brake, and this version of the frame does not have rear drilling (I think it's 2010ish?? Can't remember what year I bought it, sorry). I rode it around for years under the impression it was road legal with front brake + fixed + foot retention. Here's what the seat stays look like. You could probably drill it but I wouldn't.
20221123_104221.jpg
Another link to album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/sGFvzWNt6xuTpE6H9
highlandmoo

Post by highlandmoo »

Actually, even if you did drill it, there's nowhere good to run the cables (zero cable bosses).
pigman

Post by pigman »

highlandmoo wrote: 23 Nov 2022, 10:44am ). I rode it around for years under the impression it was road legal with front brake + fixed + foot retention.
That is legal
pigman

Post by pigman »

highlandmoo wrote: 23 Nov 2022, 10:47am Actually, even if you did drill it, there's nowhere good to run the cables (zero cable bosses).
Top tube cable clips are your friend and would suit a steel frame
mumbojumbo

Post by mumbojumbo »

How about cable ties or electrical tape, Pigman?
pigman

Post by pigman »

Yeh, you do that, though it seems a downgrade on such a nice bike
mumbojumbo

Post by mumbojumbo »

That will deter theft and envy.