Pannier mounts on LIV Thrive?

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
PAB855

Pannier mounts on LIV Thrive?

Post by PAB855 »

Can a Topeak Super Tourist DX pannier rack be mounted on a LIV Thrive? I'm not familiar with mounting points on disc brake bikes and the bike in question is kept a few miles away from here, but easily accessed or photographed.

I know it needs upper mounts on the seat stays, but even if it doesn't have them, small clamps are available to do this job, so they're not a problem.

It's the mounting at the axle that bothers me. Should there be mounts on the seatstays and if the necessary mounts are not there, are there ways round this, or is a pannier rack a no no?

Is it possible for someone to take a photo of what's needed at the axle mounts and I can compare that with the Thrive?

That's unless someone can clarify the situation in another way.

The panniers are only going to be used for a bit of local shopping rather than using a rucksack, so they're not going to be loaded as required by a 'super tourist' !

Cheers
wirral_cyclist

Re: Pannier mounts on LIV Thrive?

Post by wirral_cyclist »

My wife had a Thrive and it had several spare tapped holes near the hub after mudguards mounted. I'd say any rack could probably be mounted if spaced to span disc. The Thrive had top mountings adjacent to brake bridge on the seatstays, I'd expect that rack to fit as it is spaced for discs and has bracing pieces that can be bent to fit seatstay points.
PAB855

Re: Pannier mounts on LIV Thrive?

Post by PAB855 »

Many thanks wirral_cyclist . I could have used my rack but I have rim brakes, so although the upper fixings are the same, it's the lower ones that are different. You've given me hope.

Cheers