How much ???

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
simonineaston

How much ???

Post by simonineaston »

Hedge fund billionaire Sir Chris Hohn paid himself ‘£1.5m a day this year’
I just misread this... my eyes scanned the article and my tiny little brain read it as a million and half a year. I thought, "Blimey - how many bikes would I have if I got paid that much!?".
Then my brain caught up and I re-read the headline. This time, my little brain thought, "Gosh - hope he pays all the right taxes..."!!
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
ANTONISH

Re: How much ???

Post by ANTONISH »

simonineaston wrote: 30 Nov 2022, 8:44pm
Hedge fund billionaire Sir Chris Hohn paid himself ‘£1.5m a day this year’
I just misread this... my eyes scanned the article and my tiny little brain read it as a million and half a year. I thought, "Blimey - how many bikes would I have if I got paid that much!?".
Then my brain caught up and I re-read the headline. This time, my little brain thought, "Gosh - hope he pays all the right taxes..."!!
I expect his tax returns ( if they were available for public scrutiny ) would make interesting reading.
Intersting how "trickle down" economics is working out.
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

Global Wealth Distribution.png
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
briansnail

Post by briansnail »

Paying tax.Mr Trump hit today's headlines as he paid none. His losses offset his profits for at least 10 years. I am sure he is an honest man and would submit accurate returns. Which begs the question which friends or country will provide the funds to propel him to another possible stint as President. Money is wot wins elections ultimately.
I ride Brompton and a 100% British Vintage.
briansnail

Post by briansnail »

Paying tax.Mr Trump hit today's headlines as he paid none. His losses offset his profits for at least 10 years. I am sure he is an honest man and would submit accurate returns. Which begs the question which friends or country will provide the funds to propel him to another possible stint as President. Money is wot wins elections ultimately.
I ride Brompton and a 100% British Vintage.