Towns and Villages in Wiltshire

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
foxyrider

Re: Towns and Villages in Wiltshire

Post by foxyrider »

crossy wrote: 21 May 2022, 6:49pm Another country today sorry I mean village, New Zealand only about 15 miles from home. I’ve already been to Ireland and Scotland locally. The next one i’ve found is Canada it’s 42miles away so need to practice for that one.
who needs to fly to furren parts? I didn't go to Dunkirk, Pennsylvania or California today but i was only a short way from all three!

Not much in New Zealand if i recall.
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
crossy

Post by crossy »

Mainly a few houses and a farm it didn’t have a village sign I had to get a photo of the road sign pointing to it. Where about are those three you talked about I have Dunkirk hill here in Devizes.
ICE Adventure E51, Van Nic Amazon E40, NWT Bike Friday E17, Orange Rohloff, Total E58
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

crossy wrote: 22 May 2022, 6:55am Mainly a few houses and a farm it didn’t have a village sign I had to get a photo of the road sign pointing to it. Where about are those three you talked about I have Dunkirk hill here in Devizes.
Dunkirk is near Badminton next to Petty France on the A46 (there is another at Nailsworth!), Pennsylvania is several miles further south on the same A46 north of Bath whilst California is in Gloucester. None are in Wiltshire.

Of course you have Caen Hill too in Devizes, but one of my favourite Wiltshire place names is The Shoe ehere the A403 crosses the Fosse Way. Have you been to Whaddon yet, a few houses/farms on the bank of the Avon 3km down a no through road!
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
crossy

Post by crossy »

Going slower than I want but have been really busy for the last month still got 2 yesterday.
ICE Adventure E51, Van Nic Amazon E40, NWT Bike Friday E17, Orange Rohloff, Total E58
crossy

Post by crossy »

250 done only 718 to go :D
crossy

Post by crossy »

Still going 268 so far this is definitely going to be a long challenge.
crossy

Post by crossy »

I’ll try and make more of an effort this year or it’s going to take a lot longer than I though. 268 done os far.
crossy

Post by crossy »

I got 5 today one of them was that small it didn’t have a village sign.
crossy

Post by crossy »

Yay 300 done only 668 to go.
crossy

Post by crossy »

I went out and got all the Vs today luckily they were all close together, Managed to get 8 villages in all today. So that’s all the Vs, Ys. I’ll try and get Zeals next week that will be the Zs finished
crossy

Post by crossy »

Yay I got my 350 today hopefully I’ll get some more before the end of the year.