Wiggle and Evri

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Cowsham

Re: Wiggle and Evri

Post by Cowsham »

Psamathe wrote: 3 Dec 2022, 5:26pm Having called LBS, they checked their stock driven there and "We don't have that one" (they were apparently "confused about the size!).

So ordered from Wiggle. Eventually, days after ordering contacted their support and told them to "pull their fingers out and ship what I ordered". They then did.

Today EvRI send me an e-mail giving a 2 hr delivery window so I waited in. Then 2 hours after the end of the delivery time window (and no sign of goods) got an e-mail "There is problem with your delivery but we'll send you a message on Monday" (and expect you to wait in yet another day!

This is completely useless. Happens every time. Why do Wiggle still use this disaster of a company? (maybe because Wiggle have become a simplar "disaster"?).

Ian
Is there any option to use a different courier during checkout?
I am here. Where are you?
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Cowsham wrote: 3 Dec 2022, 7:42pm
Psamathe wrote: 3 Dec 2022, 5:26pm Having called LBS, they checked their stock driven there and "We don't have that one" (they were apparently "confused about the size!).

So ordered from Wiggle. Eventually, days after ordering contacted their support and told them to "pull their fingers out and ship what I ordered". They then did.

Today EvRI send me an e-mail giving a 2 hr delivery window so I waited in. Then 2 hours after the end of the delivery time window (and no sign of goods) got an e-mail "There is problem with your delivery but we'll send you a message on Monday" (and expect you to wait in yet another day!

This is completely useless. Happens every time. Why do Wiggle still use this disaster of a company? (maybe because Wiggle have become a simplar "disaster"?).

Ian
Nope. You get who they chose (which normally seems to be EVRi). Don't think I've ever had an EVRi deliver on the day they e-mail you saying they are going to deliver (let alone the 2hr window they give)

Ian
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Psamathe wrote: 3 Dec 2022, 7:48pm
Cowsham wrote: 3 Dec 2022, 7:42pm

Ian
Nope. You get who they chose (which normally seems to be EVRi). Don't think I've ever had an EVRi deliver on the day they e-mail you saying they are going to deliver (let alone the 2hr window they give)

Ian
Wiggle promised they'd send another for Sunday delivery. They didn't

EVRi e-mailed to say they'd deliver previous package on Sun between 13:00-15:00. Then later in day changed the status to "We're sorry we haven't ..." for 2nd day in a row.

This is madness. Why would anybody purchase from Wiggle/EVRi.

Waited in an entire weekend and nothing, promises repeatedly broken. Madness.

Ian
Edit: And to make up for the grief and wasted weekend Wiggle have said "sorry"
awavey

Post by awavey »

I usually get the email from the local Evri courier about 10mins before theyre knocking on the door (Im sure to make their delivery stats look good), but at least they deliver it though its not exactly this seamless delivery process that works for you as the customer when some couriers absolutely nail the whole we will deliver this and give you plenty enough heads up, but then its as unpredictable in terms of timings as Royal Mail so maybe its just what it is.

I havent ordered from Wiggle for over a year now, but I thought you used to be able to use Collect+ as an option, ok its not as conveniant as it turning up on your door, but at least you knew where/when it was so could plan around going to pick it up
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Had DPD delivery yesterday, for the first time ever with them it was four days late. I thought Mike must have been ill or without a van.
Tells me they are absolutely stowed out with work and they just can’t deal with it all as they did. He told me the Newcastle hub used to deal with 40000 parcels a day and they are now experiencing 70000 a day. Work poached from the Royal Mail and if EVRI are experiencing similar increases then things can only get worse.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

New excuse from EVRi for again failing to even try to deliver again (yesterday). Always used to be "You were out" (when you were waiting in) but now "Bad weather" - we didn't have bad weather as I was out and about and no bad weather. Do they think that even though you live there you wont notice their complete twaddle excuses?

Ian
Dingdong

Post by Dingdong »

Evri have messed me about once too often, but what do you expect, it was previously Hermes, probably the worst delivery service bar none.
Trikesnbikes

Post by Trikesnbikes »

I am going to have to stop using Evri for sending out my eBay sales which is unfortunate for me as it is very convenient for dropping off parcels in my village store while the local post offices are all closing down.

I have been selling off my old cycle spares for prices ranging from trivial to quite expensive, and always paying Evri the extra to fully cover the value where necessary in the belief that I am fully covered. Now an item I sent has gone missing and I have had to recompense my customer but I have found it impossible to claim from Evri.

The on line help is useless and doesn't give any advice on how to claim apart from ringing the help centre. When you do so and laboriously input the tracking number via voice recognition (not easy), it doesn't have a record of that number. It only recognises numbers of successful deliveries, so you have to bluff the system by telling it the tracking number of a different parcel that was previously successfully delivered. You then get the opportunity to tell the voice recognition system you want to talk about something else and no matter what time I try, the system tells me they are so busy they can't put me in the queue and terminates the call.

Obviously I can't risk this happening for a high value parcel so will have to stop using the very convenient Evri service in the local shop.

Given the above I can only conclude that Evri have deliberately configured their "help" system to prevent compensation claims being made against them. Very frustrating!
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Trikesnbikes wrote: 13 Dec 2022, 5:05pm I am going to have to stop using Evri for sending out my eBay sales which is unfortunate for me as it is very convenient for dropping off parcels in my village store while the local post offices are all closing down.

I have been selling off my old cycle spares for prices ranging from trivial to quite expensive, and always paying Evri the extra to fully cover the value where necessary in the belief that I am fully covered. Now an item I sent has gone missing and I have had to recompense my customer but I have found it impossible to claim from Evri.

The on line help is useless and doesn't give any advice on how to claim apart from ringing the help centre. When you do so and laboriously input the tracking number via voice recognition (not easy), it doesn't have a record of that number. It only recognises numbers of successful deliveries, so you have to bluff the system by telling it the tracking number of a different parcel that was previously successfully delivered. You then get the opportunity to tell the voice recognition system you want to talk about something else and no matter what time I try, the system tells me they are so busy they can't put me in the queue and terminates the call.

Obviously I can't risk this happening for a high value parcel so will have to stop using the very convenient Evri service in the local shop.

Given the above I can only conclude that Evri have deliberately configured their "help" system to prevent compensation claims being made against them. Very frustrating!
Their online chat (for receiving a parcel) is also completely useless.

Ian
RickH

Post by RickH »

An order from Wiggle in mid November &, I think, sent by Evri turned up as expected.

I ordered something from a company (not cycling related) based in Gateshead last Wednesday evening (14 th). I was slightly concerned on Thursday when I got the dispatch notice saying it was being shipped with Evri having read about problems with their County Durham depot earlier that day (BBC News - County Durham Evri staff say parcels will not arrive by Christmas - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-63971681). However, by late afternoon Friday I had notification that it was at the delivery depot & was duly delivered on Saturday.

On between I did have a problem with an order in late November from a different company that got stuck with Evri's tracking saying "We're expecting it" for several days. I don't know if it was the fault of the company I had ordered from (not handing it over) or Evri (not getting it into their system) but, after an email complaint to the company, the tracking suddenly changed to "We've got it" & the package duly arrived a day or two later.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
Trikesnbikes

Post by Trikesnbikes »

I have also had excellent service from Evri, both sending and receiving. However, when even one item goes missing and you find it impossible to contact Evri to make a claim, that means you can never trust the company again. In the past months I have sent quite pricey items via Evri in the belief that if they got lost or damaged the loss would be covered. Luckily these expensive items got delivered but I can't afford to rely on good luck continuing. In the past Royal Mail have failed to deliver a couple of items but I was able to claim back my financial loss. With any company there will always be the possibility of loss or damage but in that event you should be able to reclaim the loss. If you can't make contact, you can't claim.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Norwich depot as an example:
https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/23185883.norwich-evri-parcels-dumped-street-christmas/ wrote:Norwich: Evri parcels dumped on street before Christmas

Ian
Trikesnbikes

Post by Trikesnbikes »

Update:

After failing all through December I finally managed to talk to someone on Customer Services at Evri and they sent me a claim form.

I will update the forum when they respond to my claim.

Even if my claim goes through all right I still won't use Evri again as the claim process was so tortuous and frustrating.

In the past I have had to claim for lost parcels from Royal Mail and the process was much smoother.

There will inevitably be occasional losses from any courier, but if the claim process isn't working properly then you are just gambling every time you use them.
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

More on evri.

one of their excuses is royal mail strikes!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64223554
Sweep
rjb

Post by rjb »

Evri have been featured in a bad light on our local BBC TV. Problems at the Avonmouth Depot highlighted along with customers near Bristol having not received their Xmas presents, even someone who was expecting a 24 hour turn around delivery of Tarantulas is lost in the system. :shock:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D