Post pandemic illnesses

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Post pandemic illnesses

Post by Mick F »

Basically out of the cold symptoms now.
I got up yesterday morning feeling absolutely fine, but this morning not quite so good.
Tired and lethargic too.
Mick F. Cornwall
hemo

Post by hemo »

Strep A currently the one doing the rounds affecting children /teens.

Likely though down to weakened immune systems also could be the way society or should I say parents wrap there kids up in cotton wool & sterile households, to much cleanliness. One only has to see tv adds with nearly all household products claiming 99% protection from harmful germs and people will buy into the brain washing.

I remember as a kid being outdoors and exposed to anything with little or no ill affects bar a few hospital visits for knocks and wounds.

Thus far I have been afaik from symptoms been free of covid but have had a couple of catarrh type colds for 48 - 72hrs in the last 18 months. The affects of central heating have an effect om me with my asthma and can bring on cattarh effects so I keep the house only tepid at approx 17 c max.
Biospace

Post by Biospace »

hemo wrote: 4 Dec 2022, 11:59am Strep A currently the one doing the rounds affecting children /teens.

Likely though down to weakened immune systems also could be the way society or should I say parents wrap there kids up in cotton wool & sterile households, to much cleanliness. One only has to see tv adds with nearly all household products claiming 99% protection from harmful germs and people will buy into the brain washing.
A combination of a whole host of factors, I think over-sterilised living environments have been linked with increasing allergies.

tim-b wrote: 4 Dec 2022, 6:32am "Immune imprinting" was reported on by Australian scientists in 2021, despite this the Australian government recommends a second booster (third dose), and even a fifth dose for the severely immuno-compromised.

The experts say that while immune imprinting and vaccine risks exist, they're less risky than a bad covid infection
Governments continue to suggest it's a good thing for children to be vaccinated, despite the risk-benefit ratio having called this into question for a good while now.

djnotts wrote: 4 Dec 2022, 9:34am
I can stick a bike on cheap turbo OUTDOORS... And plenty of sleep!
I forgot to mention sleep - an hour before midnight is worth two after, my gran used to say. And using a trainer outside makes a lot of sense, to me.
Last edited by Biospace on 4 Dec 2022, 4:20pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Biospace wrote: 4 Dec 2022, 4:11pm
tim-b wrote: 4 Dec 2022, 6:32am "Immune imprinting" was reported on by Australian scientists in 2021, despite this the Australian government recommends a second booster (third dose), and even a fifth dose for the severely immuno-compromised.

The experts say that while immune imprinting and vaccine risks exist, they're less risky than a bad covid infection
Governments continue to suggest it's a good thing for children to be vaccinated, despite the risk-benefit ratio having called this into question for a good while now.
Who has said that the risk-benefit ratio for the vaccination of children is adverse?

Thanks

Jonathan
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

I did my first bike ride for 12 days today, after my recent cold. Still a bit bunged up, cycling helps to loosen the mucus so copious amounts of nasal emissions on route, but I generally felt pretty good. Only did 40 miles at 13.4 average, but that’s not far down on what I would normally do, speed wise. I don’t seem to have lost any fitness, so I think I got away quite lightly.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
Biospace

Post by Biospace »

Jdsk wrote: 4 Dec 2022, 4:17pm
Biospace wrote: 4 Dec 2022, 4:11pm

Who has said that the risk-benefit ratio for the vaccination of children is adverse?

Thanks

Jonathan

Perhaps the question should be, why the UK's vaccination and immunisation committee or JCVI (who originally deemed that Covid-19 vaccines should not be universally given to children on account of the risks to benefit) was over-ruled by the Johnson government.

Here https://tempfile.io/en/E0l39dszl7UZQf2/preview is a letter from a few who publically question the official advice.
Last edited by Biospace on 5 Dec 2022, 6:02pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Biospace wrote: 5 Dec 2022, 5:47pm ...
Here https://bit.ly/3UuoGzT is a letter from a few who publically question the official advice.
Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 17.51.18.png
Jonathan
Biospace

Post by Biospace »

Jdsk wrote: 5 Dec 2022, 5:52pm
Biospace wrote: 5 Dec 2022, 5:47pm ...
Here https://bit.ly/3UuoGzT is a letter from a few who publically question the official advice.
Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 17.51.18.png

Jonathan
Link amended
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Thanks.

What date was that letter?

Jonathan
Biospace

Post by Biospace »

I think it was from early February, this year.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Thanks

Jonathan