the undiscussable

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Tangled Metal

Re: the undiscussable

Post by Tangled Metal »

Dog dazer owners
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Audax67 wrote: 9 Dec 2022, 10:49am Thread drift. You start off reading about squeaky brakes, hop to the end to add your contribution and find that the 47 pages in between (added since yesterday) have wandered off-subject and now concern the best way of worming pregnant ferrets.
Is the procedure the same for weasels? What about the stoats, who are generally regarded as contrary so unlikely to agree to a procedure that ferrets and weasels use, no matter how efficacious it may be in expelling the worms when one is plump with unborn young.

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

francovendee wrote: 9 Dec 2022, 12:05pm Dog owners.
Waddabout cat owners! :shock:

PS and Ferret owners of course!
Last edited by reohn2 on 9 Dec 2022, 1:42pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Audax67 wrote: 9 Dec 2022, 10:49am Thread drift. You start off reading about squeaky brakes, hop to the end to add your contribution and find that the 47 pages in between (added since yesterday) have wandered off-subject and now concern the best way of worming pregnant ferrets.
Yep,agreed,someone should put a stop to it,squeaky or otherwise! :?

Anyway Ferrets who need help,have the NFWS:- http://www.nfws.uk/
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
PedallingSquares

Post by PedallingSquares »

sussex cyclist wrote: 8 Dec 2022, 9:33am Is there anything you'd like to discuss, but don't, either because you're afraid you'll offend too many people, or bring down the wrath of mod?
Yes but not because I'm afraid of offending anyone.Some people get offended if they can't find something to be offended by :roll:
I was going to start a thread last week to gauge the difference,if any,between the replies here and those on the topic on another forum I use.I didn't start the threads on this matter on the other forum btw and decided against it here as I didn't think it would end well.
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

PedallingSquares wrote: 9 Dec 2022, 2:12pm
sussex cyclist wrote: 8 Dec 2022, 9:33am Is there anything you'd like to discuss, but don't, either because you're afraid you'll offend too many people, or bring down the wrath of mod?
Yes but not because I'm afraid of offending anyone.Some people get offended if they can't find something to be offended by :roll:
I was going to start a thread last week to gauge the difference,if any,between the replies here and those on the topic on another forum I use.I didn't start the threads on this matter on the other forum btw and decided against it here as I didn't think it would end well.
The use of more than one forum in any year indicates that the user has insufficient proper activities to employ them. Or that they may be a-one o' them narcissies, looking for agreement and approval on, oh, every little belief and habit they have, even motorbike hooning!

Of course, multiple forum use, especially if the blatherer is also a twatterer and inclined to go on that faecespuke, is probably undiscussable as those of the habit are likely to get offended; or even unhappy. (They're only happy when they're unhappy, as well as offended if they can't get offended).

Cugel, attempting to provide an example (of the undiscussable). :-)
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
PedallingSquares

Post by PedallingSquares »

Cugel wrote: 9 Dec 2022, 2:37pm The use of more than one forum in any year indicates that the user has insufficient proper activities to employ them. Or that they may be a-one o' them narcissies, looking for agreement and approval on, oh, every little belief and habit they have, even motorbike hooning!
Of course, multiple forum use, especially if the blatherer is also a twatterer and inclined to go on that faecespuke, is probably undiscussable as those of the habit are likely to get offended; or even unhappy. (They're only happy when they're unhappy, as well as offended if they can't get offended).
Cugel, attempting to provide an example (of the undiscussable). :-)
Life really would be boring if one stuck to one forum and one hobby :wink:
Jules59

Post by Jules59 »

black cycling apparel
Nearholmer

Post by Nearholmer »

I occasionally use another forum in connection with my other hobby, and there the mods are “all over” the equivalent of the tea shop, because it descends into seriously crazy and seriously nasty stuff once religion, politics, etc raise their heads.

I also follow the Gravel Bikes Facebook page, but the atmosphere on that is totally different due to a younger average demographic, no politics, no religion, but the young blokes sometimes get a bucket of cold water poured over them for getting too “frisky”.
jimlews

Post by jimlews »

Male cyclists feminine parts.

I.E. Deneeze
cycle tramp

Post by cycle tramp »

.....should I try and use both sides of the toilet paper in an attempt to prevent world deforestation?
It's time to go :-)
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

cycle tramp wrote: 9 Dec 2022, 7:51pm .....should I try and use both sides of the toilet paper in an attempt to prevent world deforestation?
Get a bidet. It might be a Frenchy idea but a good squoit of your ejector is a lot cleaner than using them paper muck spreaders! Get a fancy Japanese one that plays music, has perfumed warm water and dries you with a pleasant nether-zephyr. Some even give you directions in a pleasant Japanese fashion. I'd like one that rubs in the chammy cream after its done everyfink else.

Cugel, gushing about a truly useful technology.
John Maynard Keynes
Nearholmer

Post by Nearholmer »

Reminds me of the very old joke:

What’s brown and sticky?
ncutler

Post by ncutler »

cycle tramp wrote: 9 Dec 2022, 7:51pm .....should I try and use both sides of the toilet paper in an attempt to prevent world deforestation?
Of course you should, but exactly what are you intending to use it for ?
No pasaran
sussex cyclist

Post by sussex cyclist »

My passionate undiscussable is gender ideology.

It might be safer to alight upon stoats.

You called?

Spotted in front of my house a number of years ago. We weren't best pleased, as they have a taste for our favourite fauna.

This is stoatally not on.
ncutler wrote: 8 Dec 2022, 11:21am All topics that are not compulsory are forbidden.
Speaking of quantum mechanics, it was Werner Heisenberg's birthday last week. Here he is shown torturing Herr Schrödinger's cat,

said cat fortunately being out of shot to spare delicate sensibilities.