the undiscussable

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: the undiscussable

Post by Mick F »

Wiping your bum after a poo ........

I use the loo roll using my right hand, but I recently had a small operation on my right hand, so I have been using my left hand.

Weird!!! :shock:
Mick F. Cornwall
rjb

Post by rjb »

Copy the Romans and use a xylospongium. :wink:

Softer than the Izal sandpaper that was a standard issue in the 50's and 60's in schools, hospitals and public buildings. :oops:

Just had a thought. That Izal paper would have been useful to prep your inner tube before applying the patch. :lol:

WiPA8gfN6FzZxX_UVKbv-cPJdNEvbscjOg9lGUC_T68.jpg
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (3.97 KiB) Viewed 665 times
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
ncutler

Post by ncutler »

Incidentally, why do the Met Office keep issuing yellow warnings of snow ? Do they know something we don't ?
No pasaran
Phileas

Post by Phileas »

Cugel wrote: 9 Dec 2022, 9:22pm
cycle tramp wrote: 9 Dec 2022, 7:51pm .....should I try and use both sides of the toilet paper in an attempt to prevent world deforestation?
Get a bidet. It might be a Frenchy idea but a good squoit of your ejector is a lot cleaner than using them paper muck spreaders!
I installed a hose next to my loo to do the same job. 😎
briansnail

Post by briansnail »

At our cycling club as I eye up other bikes "You paid......... how much for that bike?" nice bike sizable fortune shelled out.
How appropriate is lycra (tight or loose) when one is older.
I ride Brompton and a 100% British Vintage
Philip Benstead

Post by Philip Benstead »

sussex cyclist wrote: 8 Dec 2022, 9:33am Is there anything you'd like to discuss, but don't, either because you're afraid you'll offend too many people, or bring down the wrath of mod?
The development's within the CTC/CUK at natinal level but nobody is interested
Philip Benstead | Life Member Former CTC Councillor/Trustee
Organizing events and representing cyclists' in southeast since 1988
Bikeability Instructor/Mechanic
Spintankle

Post by Spintankle »

Mick F wrote: 10 Dec 2022, 9:09am Wiping your bum after a poo ........

I use the loo roll using my right hand, but I recently had a small operation on my right hand, so I have been using my left hand.

I feel like that would result in disaster for me. My left is pretty much useless for much of anything.
pwa

Post by pwa »

Spintankle wrote: 10 Dec 2022, 5:39pm
Mick F wrote: 10 Dec 2022, 9:09am Wiping your bum after a poo ........

I feel like that would result in disaster for me. My left is pretty much useless for much of anything.
That would have me regretting getting rid of the bidet that was in our upstairs shower room / loo when we first moved into this house.

On a related matter, my wife and I have a small disagreement on the subject of toilet roll. Whether getting less expensive rolls is a false economy, as I suspect it is. With cheaper rolls I tend to double up on the sheets to get a more reassuring thickness, negating the value of going for the cheaper sort.
rjb

Post by rjb »

On a related matter, my wife and I have a small disagreement on the subject of toilet roll. Whether getting less expensive rolls is a false economy, as I suspect it is. With cheaper rolls I tend to double up on the sheets to get a more reassuring thickness, negating the value of going for the cheaper sort.
As I mentioned above Izal is tough enough so you don't poke your finger through, cheap and single ply so goes a long way. We used it as tracing paper when I went to school :wink:

This is a description of it from the link below. :lol:
“The Clint Eastwood of loo paper – it’s rough, it’s tough and takes no <i>[inappropriate word removed]</i>.”
https://sheffielder.net/2020/04/02/izal ... to-health/
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

rjb wrote: 10 Dec 2022, 6:38pm This is a description of it from the link below. :lol:
“The Clint Eastwood of loo paper – it’s rough, it’s tough and takes no <i>[inappropriate word removed]</i>.”
:lol:
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Philip Benstead wrote: 10 Dec 2022, 3:54pm
sussex cyclist wrote: 8 Dec 2022, 9:33am Is there anything you'd like to discuss, but don't, either because you're afraid you'll offend too many people, or bring down the wrath of mod?
Pretty sure the charity conversion was discussed at length on this forum.
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

pwa wrote: 10 Dec 2022, 5:42pmOn a related matter, my wife and I have a small disagreement on the subject of toilet roll. Whether getting less expensive rolls is a false economy, as I suspect it is. With cheaper rolls I tend to double up on the sheets to get a more reassuring thickness, negating the value of going for the cheaper sort.
Guage the cost by size/weight of the rolls, not the number of sheets.
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
Philip Benstead

Post by Philip Benstead »

mattheus wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 10:28am
What about events since the conversion..Have the change been for the better or worse?
Philip Benstead | Life Member Former CTC Councillor/Trustee
Organizing events and representing cyclists' in southeast since 1988
Bikeability Instructor/Mechanic
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Mick F wrote: 8 Dec 2022, 4:16pm
Pointlessness of < offensive word removed for the mental wellbeing of moderators >.
I am here. Where are you?
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Philip Benstead wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 12:17pm
mattheus wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 10:28am

What about events since the conversion..Have the change been for the better or worse?
Are they being sponsored by a fossil fuel giant??