JOG to Inverness

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
albal1

Re: JOG to Inverness

Post by albal1 »

On my ride round the coast of UK , once I reached wick i,d had enough of the traffic. So pitched up just south of there and set off at about 0330hr the following day, just a short while in darkness, before empty roads for a good while.
hoogerbooger

Post by hoogerbooger »

I caught the train from Wick to Inverness last year with bikes. Enjoyable route and you should be able to pre- book the bike on, by phoning Scotrail when booking.( but check current guidance)

However, I think Orkney and ferry to Aberdeen sounds great. I'd clocked the very affordable prices just too late to follow that up myself.
old fangled
ferrit worrier

Post by ferrit worrier »

one day 125 miles did it in 2011 stayed at the YHA in Inverness, if you choose to stay on the A9 over the Kessock Bridge stay on the cycle track its a very busy road. or use Micks diversion.
I left JOG at 0830 am arrived at Inverness 1900 there was a cracking chippy in Golspie on the left as you pass through.

Good luck

Malc
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

The other idea is to go along the north side of the Beauly Firth and onto the Kessock Bridge.
This was my route with JOGLE on my Raleigh Chopper in 2010.
Screen Shot 2023-01-13 at 15.40.20.png
Mick F. Cornwall
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

My original plan in 2009 was to take the train from Wick but carried on towards Inverness. In the end I carried on back to Yorkshire.

Unlike the LEJOG bit I had to rely on pages torn out of a road atlas, but it worked out fine.