Ride Leader Training

Anything relating to the clubs associated with Cycling UK
De Sisti

Re: Ride Leader Training

Post by De Sisti »

AndyK wrote: 20 Dec 2022, 11:55am An online course is being released on 9th Jan for member group ride leaders.
Anyone used it yet? I lead a club Social Group every Saturday morning and occasionally one of
the local CTC rides. I'd like to try the course.
Last edited by De Sisti on 18 Jan 2023, 7:21am, edited 1 time in total.
AndyK

Post by AndyK »

De Sisti wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 4:14pm
AndyK wrote: 20 Dec 2022, 11:55am An online course is being released on 9th Jan for member group ride leaders.
Anyone used it yet? I lead a club Social Group every Saturday morning and occasionally one of
the local CTC rides. I'd like to try to course.
I haven't yet, I'm afraid - but if you're a registered leader with the local member group you should have received an invite by now. Check with your member group secretary.
PH

Post by PH »

AndyK wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 5:24pm
I haven't yet, I'm afraid - but if you're a registered leader with the local member group you should have received an invite by now. Check with your member group secretary.
If you are registered as a ride leader and haven't received the email, the most likely explanation is that CUK don't have your email address, or you've ticked a box saying you don't want to receive emails - Email groups@CyclingUK.org to get it sorted.
AndyK

Post by AndyK »

PH wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 5:45pm
If you are registered as a ride leader and haven't received the email, the most likely explanation is that CUK don't have your email address, or you've ticked a box saying you don't want to receive emails - Email groups@CyclingUK.org to get it sorted.
Starting point should really be the MG secretary to make sure they have registered you as a leader for the group.
PH

Post by PH »

AndyK wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 9:19pm
Starting point should really be the MG secretary to make sure they have registered you as a leader for the group.
Something would have gone seriously wrong for a ride leader not to know if they were registered or not! I've assumed all MG's are more competent than that.
Several ride leaders in my MG didn't receive it, the information above was in the reply from CUK when I asked why:
" Please ask anyone who hasn’t received the email to get in touch with me and I can investigate what’s happened."
Last edited by PH on 16 Jan 2023, 9:48pm, edited 1 time in total.
PH

Post by PH »

I've just spent a couple of hours completing it, it covered lot of the same ground as the ride leader workshop I did a few years ago. IMO a worthwhile review, and good to have the expected standards clearly laid out, though nothing that's likely to change my leading. The format is OK, if a bit repetitive, some of the interactive stuff isn't as clear as it maybe could be and some of it seems to have been aimed at primary children, but pretty harmless.
AndyK

Post by AndyK »

PH wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 9:39pm
AndyK wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 9:19pm
Something would have gone seriously wrong for a ride leader not to know if they were registered or not! I've assumed all MG's are more competent than that.
Several ride leaders in my MG didn't receive it, the information above was in the reply from CUK when I asked why:
" Please ask anyone who hasn’t received the email to get in touch with me and I can investigate what’s happened."
Generally I'd agree but I don't share your confidence that no MG secretary has ever made an error with the lists. (Obviously our own MG secretary is infallible, he added quickly.) The fact De Sisti used the word "occasionally" made me think it would be sensible to start there just in case they'd dropped off the renewed list at some point.