Bosch Purion controller access

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
seanpk

Bosch Purion controller access

Post by seanpk »

Should I be able to access the Bosch Purion controller without the bike battery and just the controller batteries? Looking for the mileage from a motor taken out of a bike, trying to work out if its the controller c2016 batteries that are dead? Cheers
stodd

Re: Bosch Purion controller access

Post by stodd »

Probably, NO.

Clarifying (often abused) terms. Technically the Purion is the display and interface to the controller; the controller is in the motor housing (I think).

If the motor isn't connected to a battery I suspect the controller won't be powered and won't be able to send any information (such as motor miles) to the Purion.

We've got an Intuvia, but I expect the Purion is the same. The Intuvia keeps a memory of some values when disconnected from the bike/controller, or when the bike battery is not installed, and displays those values when turned on. This can be confusing. I sometimes take the battery off to charge and then pedal off forgetting to reinsert the battery. The Intuvia still shows the charge on the battery was in before I took it off. I sometimes get to the bottom of the (luckily very small) hill from home before I realize I am batteryless.

I guess it also shows the last seen motor mileage. Just because it shows a value doesn't mean it is a value for the motor to which the Intuvia is currently connected, if the motor itself is not connected to a battery.