Enduro Wp Gaiter Overshoes

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
arnsider

Enduro Wp Gaiter Overshoes

Post by arnsider »

These Overshoes are manufactured in waterproof black nylon material and they have a simple velcro fixing down the back of the heel.
They are easy to get on and off and offer reasonable protection and warmth. However I am on my second pair and after only twenty months of light use, they have failed in the same place and in the same way. The Hem around the skirt is not protected against scuffing and has come apart and frayed.
It is a flimsy arrangement, poorly finished and has a fatal flaw. Apart from this, the rest of the garment is fine but will fall apart quickly now the hem is in tatters. These are not cheap and come out to over thirty quid. I would advise anyone thinking of buying a pair to save their money.
rotavator

Re: Enduro Wp Gaiter Overshoes

Post by rotavator »

I agree with you; overshoes have a short and brutal life so it is not worth spending "too much" (?>£30) on a pair, unless anyone has recommendations for some that are easily fitted and durable.
arnsider

Re: Enduro Wp Gaiter Overshoes

Post by arnsider »

Well, needs must during these strapped times and anyway, many old-school cyclists are still out there and can do repairs, though the suppliers don't foster that philosophy for obvious reasons!
I hunted around for a stitching Awl and simply repaired both pairs with a stitched and glued welt/skirt. Stitching Awls are dirt cheap, easy to use and can repair all sorts of cycling gear, saddle bags, leggings etc.