Shaving in the shower

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
briansnail

Re: Shaving in the shower

Post by briansnail »

Does no one dry shave? so much faster.Obviously the post about the cable not going so far was a joke as you do not want ANY electrics about unless your planning to cash in a life insurance policy.This to get cash.To trade in your bicycle for a better one.
In winter shaving dry skin areas might be a good idea.Cycling in the cold takes its toll especially if you have eczema,If you don't have it you don't want it.However it makes the medicated creams easier to apply and less is wasted.Saves the NHS money.
*******************************************************************************************
I ride Brompton and a 100% British Vintage
jb

Post by jb »

Alas I fear the NHS's problems are not money related, however much you save will always disappear down the black hole of bad management and policy.
Cheers
J Bro
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Shaving techniques seems like making coffee - everybody thinks their way is The Right Way. One thing's for sure, whether you shave in or after a shower, the beard is softer as a result of all that hot water.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

francovendee wrote: 27 Jan 2023, 8:00am Speaking to a friend I was surprised to hear he shaves (face :D ) when showering. My son has always done this but I thought he was a rarity.
I can't shave properly unless looking in a mirror, so another reason I'd not want to shave in the shower.
I only ever shave when having a bath, and since there is no mirror I will often miss bits, as my wife keeps pointing out "look you've missed a bit". But what does it matter, if I miss a bit one sunday, I will more than likely get it the following sunday.
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

briansnail wrote: 30 Jan 2023, 1:45pm Does no one dry shave?
Take a shotgun and head for the hills!

The barbarians are at the gates!!!
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

When I'd shaved, I'd used a Braun battery shaver for years and years. Before that, it was a Phillips. Very rarely, if ever, had a wet shave.
I still have the Braun, but not needed a shave since winter 2015.
Last haircut was summer 2015.

Alopecia Universalis, and I'd be distraught if my hair(s) started growing again as it's WONDERFUL without them! :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alopecia_universalis
Mick F. Cornwall
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Eileen asks....no bush then? :lol:

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Pebble wrote: 31 Jan 2023, 12:51pm
francovendee wrote: 27 Jan 2023, 8:00am Speaking to a friend I was surprised to hear he shaves (face :D ) when showering. My son has always done this but I thought he was a rarity.
I can't shave properly unless looking in a mirror, so another reason I'd not want to shave in the shower.
I only ever shave when having a bath, and since there is no mirror I will often miss bits, as my wife keeps pointing out "look you've missed a bit". But what does it matter, if I miss a bit one sunday, I will more than likely get it the following sunday.
To a be reet-proper and bonafide olephart, one needs to have a fizzog festooned with missed bits of shaving fodder. These should be not just randomly located but stick out in an obvious fashion.

They're necessary to underline the fact that the opinions emitting from such a fellow, consisting of some olde nonsense from a 1975 copy of The Daily Hate Mail, badly related at the pub bar or elsewhere, is indicative of the rot-path down which the fuzzy-faced fool with a malfunctioning headpiece is now heading, so he may be snickered at, or perhaps offered pity, rather than taken seriously.

Luckily, the ladwife points out my random facial hair clump remnants before I'm let loose, following those rare occasions when I shave (never in the shower). This means I can offer the most outrageously silly opinions and still be treated as though I am still compos mentis. :-) I don't get any such opinions from the gutter press, mind, which is an additional feature allowing that they may not be entirely barking barmpot vitriol-splashes, even though they sometimes are.

Cugel, only as old as who I'm feeling.
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

I've shaved in the shower the odd once or twice when I've been at Youth Hostels, but not out of choice. These days I have difficulty doing it without cutting myself so I tried lettting it grow last summer, but then cut it off again when it became itchy. Now I just shave once a week.
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

al_yrpal wrote: 1 Feb 2023, 11:32am Eileen asks....no bush then? :lol:
Nope.

No hair ANYWHERE on my body at all.
Highly recommended. Even ladies are a tad jealous, as a wig is easy if you want head hair. Had many a conversation about it.

Only issue - if you can call it an issue - is that I need to wear a hat as my head is exposed to the chill and/or the sun.
Cycle helmets are way to uncomfortable, so I don't wear one.
Mick F. Cornwall
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

Mick F wrote: 1 Feb 2023, 3:37pmEven ladies are a tad jealous, as a wig is easy if you want head hair. Had many a conversation about it.
I used to have a GF who was losing her hair, I don't think she was particularly happy about it though.
Mick F wrote: 1 Feb 2023, 3:37pmOnly issue - if you can call it an issue - is that I need to wear a hat as my head is exposed to the chill
That was the problem with my DIY No.4 during lockdown. Not keen on having to wear a balalcava in bed.
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

axel_knutt wrote: 1 Feb 2023, 5:45pm
Mick F wrote: 1 Feb 2023, 3:37pmEven ladies are a tad jealous, as a wig is easy if you want head hair. Had many a conversation about it.
I used to have a GF who was losing her hair, I don't think she was particularly happy about it though.
Mick F wrote: 1 Feb 2023, 3:37pmOnly issue - if you can call it an issue - is that I need to wear a hat as my head is exposed to the chill
That was the problem with my DIY No.4 during lockdown. Not keen on having to wear a balalcava in bed.
A balaclava in bed is probably a sign of on oncoming surrender to perverse feelings & intents, especially if it's a-one o' them leather ones. What other, er, "pyjamas" have you taken to donning of late, eh, eh? Send pics!

Cugel, always interested in the bizarre.
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes