Premier Inn outside UK

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
AlanInBangor

Premier Inn outside UK

Post by AlanInBangor »

Does anyone know if Premier Inn allow bikes in bedrooms in their non-UK hotels? I'm specifically interested in Berlin.
Will

Re: Premier Inn outside UK

Post by Will »

If you check out the hotel on Google Maps you will see a picture that shows a bike store:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Pre ... Q?hl=en-US

I would expect that they would be less inclined to let you have your bike in your room if they have somewhere to store it.

Will
AlanInBangor

Post by AlanInBangor »

Thanks Will, that looks perfect, I never thought of checking the photos.
PH

Post by PH »

Will wrote: 1 Feb 2023, 8:09pm I would expect that they would be less inclined to let you have your bike in your room if they have somewhere to store it.
Will
Their website says the bike policy applies to all their hotels and the choice between having it in the room or stored away is yours.
I haven't used the one in Berlin, though one in Dusseldorf was fine about me having the bike in the room, it didn't occur to me to think otherwise, I don't know if they have bike parking, I didn't notice any and it wasn't mentioned.
Bowak

Post by Bowak »

Last summer the Dusseldorf one were more than happy to let me take the bike up to my room.

The one in Mannheim were aghast at the thought and said absolutely not - they did have an underground car park that they let me store it in for free which had a support pillar I could lock it too so it wasn't so bad.
st599_uk

Post by st599_uk »

The one in Köln near the stadium was a definite no - they suggested leaving it outside near the bins.

Luckily it was 15:30 and I had free cancellation until 16:00. Went to the posher hotel next door and got a 4* suite on a last minute deal. Even had a bath for bike cleaning.
A novice learning...
“the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
AlanInBangor

Post by AlanInBangor »

I received this reply today...

Thank you for your message via our contact form.

Yes, bikes may be taken up to your room or be stored in our parking garage. If you decide to take your bike to your room, we kindly ask you to make sure that your bike is clean.

Please feel free to contact us for any further questions, we would be happy to welcome you.

Best regards,
Laura Schindler
Team Leader Customer Care Centre
Premier Inn Germany