Carradice customer service - excellent

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
turbo-hamster

Carradice customer service - excellent

Post by turbo-hamster »

I bought a Bagman saddlebag support around 10 years ago. Last week, I removed the clamp from my saddle rails, dropped it, and broke one of the little "buttons" that release the saddlebag from the Bagman.

I emailed Carradice to ask if it is possible to repair the clamp. They asked for photos, then immediately sent me a replacement part to fix the clamp.

This is the kind of excellent customer service that should keep us loyal to Carradice. The products are solid and Carradice cares about its customers' experience of the products.
simonineaston

Re: Carradice customer service - excellent

Post by simonineaston »

Good to hear!
For decades I associated the idea of a saddle bag with my maths teacher, who rode a very traditional bike fitted with a Sturmey Archer gear (tick tick tick) and a mouldy and saggy old saddle bag (The Chossy). 50 years later and now retired, I bought a saddlebag and support from Carradice last year and am delighted. I guess I'm a slow learner - something said teacher would readily agree with, I'm sure...
picture of old factory
picture of old factory
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
drossall

Post by drossall »

Ooh I had a Chossy bag once. Forget where I got it from. Hadn't given it a thought for years.
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

Wonderful doorway and lamps to the CT Osborne building.
in4time

Post by in4time »

The new but old building is a fabulous place; almost hidden down the backstreets of Lancashire. There’s a smell of old fashioned industry and Sterling hard work about the place. Let’s hope the new owners drive the business forward but with a respectful nod to the brand’s legacy and all those craftsmen and women who’ve played a pivotal part in Carradice’s reputation for no-nonsense quality products.
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

Well, following on from the loss of my (not very commonplace) green Super C pannier a few weeks back, I contacted Carradice's customer sales team to see if they could help.

"Yes, We Can"! - one green pannier, made to special order in green (after supplying photos of the original pannier so they could double-check what was wanted), received earlier today very soon after my original query and at a very reasonable price.

110% from me !!
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell »

Happy to also endorse Caradice.

I lost the clamp to my old style bagman when out off road. I emailed them asking about stock & price and they said they would send one free (which they did when I sent them my address).

Very happy indeed :-)
steve.y.griffith

Post by steve.y.griffith »

Agree with all comments about Carradice They are in an old Mill in a conservation area of back to back houses and cobbled streets . A few years ago the Council wanted to knock them down but after a campaign the houses were restored many being two knocked into one Also next to the Canal , Leeds Liverpool so nice destination for a ride
Osborne Chossy we’re in Dorking and in business until the 1990’s Their original bags were made from printers felt later ones a sort of plastic material They also made toe straps for bike shops with the shops name on .
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

What pleasure it is to deal with this company👍

I have quite a collection of older Carradice saddlebags, panniers and assorted bags, including some that are only 10 years or so old.

My favourite Nelson Longflap's right hand main strap broke, after decades of Welsh rain and sunny leather drying rides, leaving only one hole to go into the clasp. Not particularly a problem as the bag's fairly roomy and for most purposes. And the LONGflap strap would accommodate any larger loads anyway.

A couple of weeks ago it occurred to me to enquire whether they could replace said strap. All others having loadsa life still in them. An email enquiry was promptly responded to by Monika, in the affirmative and a quote for £12 including return postage.

Pleased as Punch and happy as Larry I sent the bag off to Lancashire. The day after they received it I was informed it had been repaired and would be returned that same day.

It arrived with all 4 flap straps being replaced :D All for £12👍

Mega big it up for everyone at Carradice 🙏 Thank you
Attachments
IMG_4219.jpeg
IMG_4197 2.jpeg
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
De Sisti

Post by De Sisti »

Don't bother with straps, they are too fiddly. Get clips attached instead.

Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

deliquium wrote: 30 May 2023, 6:51pm What pleasure it is to deal with this company👍

I have quite a collection of older Carradice saddlebags, panniers and assorted bags, including some that are only 10 years or so old.

My favourite Nelson Longflap's right hand main strap broke, after decades of Welsh rain and sunny leather drying rides, leaving only one hole to go into the clasp. Not particularly a problem as the bag's fairly roomy and for most purposes. And the LONGflap strap would accommodate any larger loads anyway.

A couple of weeks ago it occurred to me to enquire whether they could replace said strap. All others having loadsa life still in them. An email enquiry was promptly responded to by Monika, in the affirmative and a quote for £12 including return postage.

Pleased as Punch and happy as Larry I sent the bag off to Lancashire. The day after they received it I was informed it had been repaired and would be returned that same day.

It arrived with all 4 flap straps being replaced :D All for £12👍

Mega big it up for everyone at Carradice 🙏 Thank you
That's so good. Not just because it's a bargain, but because they (the factory as a whole and the individual machinist) wouldn't do that unless really enjoyed what they were doing.