Thor Easy seats

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
UpWrong

Thor Easy seats

Post by UpWrong »

Anybody here have a Thor Easy seat? This is the one that can be use at a more upright angle than the Sport seat,
http://www.thorseat.eu/type-of-recumben ... l-easy-gs/

I'm wondering how much lumbar support it has? I don't like a lot and I find my current Nazca Sport seat, which is probably a Novosport sports seat, has more than I'd like. And it needs a sub 35 degree angle to prevent sliding off. I'd be happier with a 40 degree angle. So I'm considering the Thor Easy. Another option is AZUB's new hard shell which has very little lumbar support.
AM7

Re: Thor Easy seats

Post by AM7 »

I’ve got a Thor Easy seat. I personally feel it has good lumbar support - it certainly has quite a pronounced curve in the lumber region. I actually run it at a sub 35 degree angle but I prefer it to the flatter sports type seats.

Whether it has more support than your Nazca Sport seat I can’t say, but IMO it’s very similar, if not identical, to the seat that was on my Nazca Fuego.

I no longer have the Fuego but there’s a YT video from the guy who owned it before me that shows the seat quite well at about 1:30 in. If that seat looks like it would give more lumbar support than your current seat, you’ll probably be okay with the Thor Easy seat.
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

Thanks. I actually prefer less lumbar support, a flatter seat back. At the moment I sometimes get an achey back, though that is with a simple thin foam mat type pad. If I try to use a thicker more cushioned seat cover I slide off the seat. Maybe with the Thor Easy I would stop sliding off and be able to use a thicker seat cover. My main problem at the moment is sliding off when the seat is above 35 degrees.
AM7

Post by AM7 »

Ah okay, I misread your first post!

I guess all I can add is that the Easy seat has noticeably more lumbar support than the sport type seat on my Performer but it also has a pronounced lip on the front of the seat so that may well help you sliding forward.
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

I decided to get a new AZUB composite seat. Probably more expensive than a Thor one but I'm more confident the shape will suit me which is the important thing.

The price for the carbon version was 3 times as much as for the composite before shipping charges.