cycleclips blacklisted

David

cycleclips blacklisted

Post by David »

Hi,

Has anybody else stopped receiving cycleclips ? I've not had the last two issues and would like to know if it's affecting anybody else.

I had a look through my mail logs, it appears that the service that CUK are using is blocked by a spam block list. I have NO intention of whitelisting the sending server, CUK should be using a reputable mail supplier, reputable suppliers DO NOT get black listed. CUK should also be aware of the problem (reputable suppliers will report to them the number of rejected mails...) and taking action to mitigate it.

FYI, the offending log entry :-
2023-02-26 08:43:22 H=mail10.gbr.pb-dynmktge.com [51.140.147.9] X=TLS1.2:AES256-GCM-SHA384:256 CV=no F=<b-2_pgbr1_0c5f9-30621ee8d46a440cb9d4dae3fad0aa11@bouncing.cyclinguk.org> temporarily rejected RCPT <xxxxx@domain.name>: deferred because 51.140.147.9 is in a black list at recent.spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net

I never had a problem all the years they were using e-activist.com, it's only since they started using the new mail service in July last year and this doesn't bode well.

D
Mike_Ayling

Re: cycleclips blacklisted

Post by Mike_Ayling »

Have you contacted CUK about the matter?
mjr

Post by mjr »

SORBS are basically an unaccountable law unto themselves and I've known them blacklist reputable blue chip companies, but on the other hand "pb-dynmktge.com" (dynamic marketage?) sounds disreputable.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Richard Fairhurst

Post by Richard Fairhurst »

pb-dynmktge.com is Microsoft Dynamics, a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) product.

I will leave it as an exercise to the reader to determine Microsoft's reputability. ;)

(But as you say, "reputable suppliers DO NOT get black listed" is really, really not true. They do. Constantly.)
cycle.travel - maps, journey-planner, route guides and city guides
mjr

Post by mjr »

Thanks. I was mobile this morning and didn't do a full lookup. So dynmktge "dynamic marketage" includes "Dynamics" as in Microsoft's product name, not "dynamic" as in "moving around the internet in an attempt to avoid getting blacklisted".

And it seems SORBS have blacklisted part of Microsoft, just to make my point that they're an inscrutable law unto themselves. SORBS appears to be the only major blacklist listing them right now.

@David, it looks like one basic problem is that your email provider appears to be treating SORBS as infallible and not merely as one input into a rating system, effectively allowing "Proofpoint, Inc" (SORBS's owner) to dictate which emails you get, blocking this one apparently on the basis of one person viewing something it sent as spam back on 23 Feb.

And finally, I wonder how Cycleclips recipients would feel about being seen as customers to be relationship-managed?
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
iantaylor
Site Admin

Post by iantaylor »

Hello, I have had a look at this and contacted SORBS and they have now removed us from their blacklist, I have checked other blacklisting services using mxtoolbox and we are clear on all the other services, so hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Ian Taylor, Cycling UK IT Team
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I cannot let this go uncommemorated

A problemi is raised on this forum and is picked up at HQ by somebody who takes prompt remedial action and reports back

(I'm talking about HQ, not forum admin. And there's zero irony in my post. This is all good news).
David

Post by David »

Mike_Ayling wrote: 6 Mar 2023, 2:38am Have you contacted CUK about the matter?
Yes. And had a response saying they were looking into it.
David

Post by David »

This week's cycleclips hasn't turned up either. The good news is that I can find no rejections in the mail logs so it could just be that they haven't processed the message yet.

Alternatively, they could have removed me from the mailing list :lol:
mjr

Post by mjr »

David wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 6:14pm This week's cycleclips hasn't turned up either. The good news is that I can find no rejections in the mail logs so it could just be that they haven't processed the message yet.

Alternatively, they could have removed me from the mailing list :lol:
Unusually, I've had mine, including a useful mudguard review and the usual daft winter cycling tips.