ITV 4 tour schedule this year.

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
MrsHJ

ITV 4 tour schedule this year.

Post by MrsHJ »

Not that much on ITV4 anymore (although they still do quite a lot of UK raçes I think) but starting today for Paris Nice highlights which is usually an excellent race with interesting hints for the TdF.

Here it is.

https://www.itv.com/itvcycling/articles ... ng-on-itv4

I watched the strade bianche on GCN (worthwhile if anyone isn’t aware of what happened!).
geocycle

Re: ITV 4 tour schedule this year.

Post by geocycle »

Thanks, I generally like ITV4 coverage programmes.

I do have GCN now so can watch the highlights shows but miss the post show discussion with Gary et al. or Orla et al. with the Breakaway on Eurosport. Are these discuss available on GCN somewhere as well?
mjr

Post by mjr »

Gun have some discussion on their free channel, also on YouTube, but usually one a week. I watch Eurosport German for free. I don't think encouraging GUN to lock up more and more races by paying them is good for the future health of cycle sport.

ITV have the same three ASO stage races as last year: Paris Nice, Dauphine and le Tour. I don't know if they've even got Roubaix and Liège Bastogne Liège any more.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
brianleach

Post by brianleach »

Thanks, I generally like ITV4 coverage programmes.

I do have GCN now so can watch the highlights shows but miss the post show discussion with Gary et al. or Orla et al. with the Breakaway on Eurosport. Are these discuss available on GCN somewhere as well?
+1

Although not free I think a GCN+ subscription is good value.

Not only tour coverage but also some good other content especially Jack Thurston's Lost Lanes.

Was feeling a bit under the weather over the weekend so didn't go out on the bike but really enjoyed the Strade Bianche coverage.
MrsHJ

Post by MrsHJ »

I watched the parts of Milan SanRemo today and there was a long studio chat with Orla, Rob and someone at the end so I think that’s what you want? It’s 7.5 hours. I had it on in the background for a while before heading off to do other stuff and afterwards just watched the final climb, the finish and some of the chat.

I agree about the loss of sport on free to view.
RickH

Post by RickH »

I like the GCN+ pre & post race stuff. If I've time to watch more than the highlights, I will often watch just those bits from the live coverage with the highlights in between. (or even the ITV 4 highlights instead, if they are showing the race).
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.