How's your weather?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Boring_Username

Re: How's your weather?

Post by Boring_Username »

The weather forecast for Seville is 22-24 degrees and sunny for the whole of next week. Part of me wants to jump on a plane and hire a bike out there for 5 days. I know I mustn't though :(
PedallingSquares

Post by PedallingSquares »

thirdcrank wrote: 10 Mar 2023, 1:00pm We had about 8 inches of snow on our car roof overnight. I've quoted that because the car roof isn't affected by drifting. Thirdcrank towers is about a mile from J27 of the M62 and a tad lower. It seems conditions were bad on the M62 overnight, with some people reportedly stuck for several hours
Similar here.
I'm a roughly a 1½ as the crow flies from M1 J35/35a/36 and it started snowing yesterday, quite heavily by late evening, resulting in 6-8" overnight in total.This morning the sky was grey, and it looked like we'd get more but by lunchtime it was blue skies.Roads are drivable again now, but with temps forecast to be anything from -7° to -9° it might be a different story tomorrow morning.
rjb

Post by rjb »

We had our snow 2 days ago on the Somerset levels. Seems like an age ago, melted away now. Today has been a balmy spring day. Plenty of sunshine on my solar PV, drooping daf's have recovered and are now standing erect. Blooming Lovely. :lol: Slightly chilly breeze but in shelter it was fine. Spring is coming. :D
Tomorrow night's temps are forecast to be in double figures here. Time to turn the heating off. :lol:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Mistik-ka

Post by Mistik-ka »

thirdcrank wrote: 10 Mar 2023, 1:00pm We had about 8 inches of snow on our car roof overnight. I've quoted that because the car roof isn't affected by drifting. Thirdcrank towers is about a mile from J27 of the M62 and a tad lower. It seems conditions were bad on the M62 overnight, with some people reportedly stuck for several hours
Yikes! And here we are in Saskatchewan (a Canadian prairie province with a village actually named "Winter") pining for more snow to enhance soil moisture for this year's crops.

The forecast predicts a big overnight blizzard 150 miles south of here, but tells us we can only hope for a piddling two to four inches of the white stuff.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Mistik-ka wrote: 10 Mar 2023, 9:40pm
Yikes! And here we are in Saskatchewan (a Canadian prairie province with a village actually named "Winter") pining for more snow to enhance soil moisture for this year's crops.

The forecast predicts a big overnight blizzard 150 miles south of here, but tells us we can only hope for a piddling two to four inches of the white stuff.
It's nearly all gone here this morning. I walked to the Co-op and back and treated several people I met on the way to "I have a penfriend in Canada ............"

As I got back home, they were emptying our green (recycling) bins which had been waiting since Friday. Rather than ask where they had been, I commented how much I appreciated their efforts.
CliveyT

Post by CliveyT »

Only had a sprinkling of snow this time in Cambridge. Now lovely and mild but there's definitely more than the light breeze they predicted for today. We were planning and getting the tandem out for a nice long run and stop @ the pub on the way back, but that's now gone down to a gentle 10mile stroll. Not helped that it was mild enough yesterday to get the mattock out and so the legs don't feel like doing too much exercise today
Jon in Sweden

Post by Jon in Sweden »

Another stunning day today. This weekend has been gorgeous, with daytime reaching a couple of degrees over freezing, and nights minus 8 or 9c. Blue skies, very little wind and we've spent a lot of the weekend on the ski slope. Happy days :D
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Great to feel Spring temperatures just lately. Breakfast and lunch in the warm sunshine in the garden on a few days this past week and perfect cycling weather too. Lots of daffs everywhere.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Delightful yesterday, got in a great ride in pleasant countryside. Very pleasant today, too - we did a 5k walk early and got home just in time to watch the rain while we had our croissants & coffee.

This exactly how old age ought to be.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Raining steady for days roads like rivers.
I am here. Where are you?
Biospace

Post by Biospace »

Near perfection here in the North over the last couple of days, long hours of bright sunshine with frosty nights. Saturday was grim with very thick cloud cover, which at this time of year makes it a good bit colder than it otherwise would be, irrespective of air mass temperature.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Red sky in the morning :shock:
Jon in Sweden

Post by Jon in Sweden »

Fantastic weather here for the last week or so.

Constant blue skies, deep (but dry) frosts in the morning, down to around minus 8. 3-8c plus through the day and completely dry, largely snow-free roads.

Being spring, all the animals are making more frequent appearances. This mornings ride included numerous deer, several pairs of cranes, a red squirrel and a pair of capercaillie. Awesome 8)
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Jon in Sweden wrote: 4 Apr 2023, 10:22am Fantastic weather here for the last week or so.

Constant blue skies, deep (but dry) frosts in the morning, down to around minus 8. 3-8c plus through the day and completely dry, largely snow-free roads.

Being spring, all the animals are making more frequent appearances. This mornings ride included numerous deer, several pairs of cranes, a red squirrel and a pair of capercaillie. Awesome 8)
What kind of tyres do you use in those conditions ?
Manc33

Post by Manc33 »

9°C here, sunny, a little breeze, perfect conditions for cycling :)
We'll always be together, together on electric bikes.