Bike Shop Malaga Recommendation

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Trek520

Bike Shop Malaga Recommendation

Post by Trek520 »

Hi All,

Touring from Faro to Malaga in June and was wondering if anyone could recommend or has used a bike shop in Malaga to source a cardboard box for the flight home. Any help would be appreciated Thanks
simonhill

Re: Bike Shop Malaga Recommendation

Post by simonhill »

I normally use Google maps to search for a shop. You can see reviews. You can also do street view to get an idea of the place. Often gives email, phone or website to contact.

When I flew out of there I had my bike bag with me. It is a drag carrying it but worth it at the end.

The metro runs right into the airport and takes bikes. It's also possible to cycle there on a dedicated, but rough in parts, route. On a short day ride from Toremolinos to Malaga while waiting to fly home, I saw an American with a full size box on his back, held up with his head just inside (a bit like a cloak).
Trek520

Post by Trek520 »

Thanks for the reply I didn't realize there is a metro must check that out thanks again
Lovecycle

Post by Lovecycle »

Last October I cycled into Malaga from Alicante and I got a cardboard box from the Trek Malaga store on Plaza Cruz, Humilladero.
The staff member was very helpful removing a brand new bike from the box so I could have it!
In fact I'm cycling into Malaga again in October from Madrid and I'll be heading to the same store to hopefully get another box.
The shop is a walk from the Maria Zambrano train station which is where I travelled from with bike box to the airport. I had no problem getting the bike box on the train to the airport.
Therefore, I recommend you stay in a hotel near Maria Zambrano Station to make it easier transporting you and your bike box to the airport and it's walkable into the beautiful city of Malaga.
Have a great ride and good luck acquiring a bike box!
Trek520

Post by Trek520 »

Thank You so much :D I wish you the best if luck on your own travels