DFDS Ferry booking question

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
TheBomber

Re: DFDS Ferry booking question

Post by TheBomber »

Jdsk wrote: 7 Apr 2022, 11:17am It's astonishing that the website can't accommodate the concept of 2 people, 2 bikes, but no doubt the booking software is bought in & DFDS can't easily change it (wearing charitable head today).
It's the premium rate phone line for making a booking that I find most astonishing.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

TheBomber wrote: 7 Apr 2022, 4:05pm
Jdsk wrote: 7 Apr 2022, 11:17am It's astonishing that the website can't accommodate the concept of 2 people, 2 bikes, but no doubt the booking software is bought in & DFDS can't easily change it (wearing charitable head today).
It's the premium rate phone line for making a booking that I find most astonishing.
No I didn't!

; - )

Jonathan
TheBomber

Post by TheBomber »

Jdsk wrote: 7 Apr 2022, 4:08pm No I didn't!

; - )
So it's not just the DFDS website that has problems! I wouldn't know how to deliberately misappropriate a quote on here if I tried.
Will

Re: Update: DFDS Ferry booking question

Post by Will »

geomannie wrote: 7 Apr 2022, 2:57pm Hi,

Thanks all for suggestions. I finally completed a booking for 2 people & 2 bikes by using the number 0344 848 6090 as suggested by Paulatic. This was a lot better than using the premium rate (13p/min) that the website directs you to for enquiries.
Did you have to pay anything extra (such as a booking fee) for booking over the phone rather than using the website?

Will
geomannie

Re: Update: DFDS Ferry booking question

Post by geomannie »

Will wrote: 8 Apr 2022, 7:21am
geomannie wrote: 7 Apr 2022, 2:57pm Hi,

Thanks all for suggestions. I finally completed a booking for 2 people & 2 bikes by using the number 0344 848 6090 as suggested by Paulatic. This was a lot better than using the premium rate (13p/min) that the website directs you to for enquiries.
Did you have to pay anything extra (such as a booking fee) for booking over the phone rather than using the website?

Will
No, I got the same price as shown on the website, except for another £6 for an additional bike carriage fee.
geomannie
Shewantstocycle

Post by Shewantstocycle »

I have a response from DFDS about how to deal with this:

There is a way to do this online, when in the middle of the booking process you need to look at the bars along the top that says start, cabin, meals, extras, passenger information and payment. You press on start and go down to vehicles where it then gives you the option to add more than 1 bike
andy753

Post by andy753 »

I have had this problem on the Dover to Dunkirk route. We got around it by doing two bookings - one per passenger - that way we could add a bike to each booking. Hope this helps...