Wiggle and Evri

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
al_yrpal

Re: Wiggle and Evri

Post by al_yrpal »

I needed to send a parcel last week so I looked at Evri. Booking it was full of pitfalls and I would have had to drive a mile to drop it off. So, I walked across the road to the Post Office, paid the fee by tapping the card and the parcel arrived next day.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Trikesnbikes

Post by Trikesnbikes »

Lucky you, having a Post Office so close. Our local offices have all closed so dropping off parcels for Evri at our local shop became the convenient default.
Having finally managed to contact Evri customer service and claimed for them losing the parcel I sent at the end of November, they are refunding the postage but unbelievably disallowing my claim for the value of the parcel because my claim was made more than 28 days after purchasing the postage. This is despite my claim stating that I was trying to contact them all through December and never even got queued to speak to someone until January, so they are disallowing my claim because their own system made it impossible to make the claim in time!
I had been considering risking returning to Evri for sending small value parcels due to the relative convenience compared to having to travel to use the Post Office, but now I won't give them another penny!

Update: Evri have rejected my claim for the value of the lost parcel and closed the case without my agreement because I didn't submit my claim within 28 days of them receiving my parcel. This is despite my pointing out that I started trying to claim well within their limit and, like many others, found it was impossible to make contact throughout December.
So, despite the convenience of dropping off parcels at my village stores and wanting to support the shop, in future I will have to take my parcels to the nearest extant post office (4 miles away). I might investigate the free postie pick-up service if and when I know I am going to be home when they call.
Last edited by Trikesnbikes on 27 Jan 2023, 8:36am, edited 1 time in total.
scragend

Post by scragend »

I ordered some stuff from Chain Reaction in the sale on Saturday. It was dispatched on Sunday and arrived at the collection point on Monday afternoon. I collected it on my way home from work. And as the order was over £20, no delivery charge.

Can't fault that.
steve.y.griffith

Post by steve.y.griffith »

I started using Evri during the RM strikes had a few go missing usually they claim they have delivered but buyer hasn’t received the item you ask Evri for the image which they can’t find and then they admit it’s lost .Getting compensation isn’t easy dreadful automated system and unless you pay extra only covered for £20 .
I post about 25 parcels a month .Evri loss rate: at least double RM

Interesting there isn’t much of a price difference and with RM you get £50 or £100 compensation level depending on product . RM do pay up quite quickly and you can even speak to a real person
So Evri up to 1 kg about £2.99 ( increased compensation another £1) . Royal Mail if you buy on line : Tracked 2c up to 2kg £2.80. 2c signed for £3.95 up to 2kg .Special Delivery for anything valuable is superb and not as expensive as yiu might think .

As an aside . Someone pointed out to me the impact of RM privatisation and free competition our streets are clogged up with delivery drivers most on terrible contracts ….
Barrowman

Post by Barrowman »

[quote=

As an aside . Someone pointed out to me the impact of RM privatisation and free competition our streets are clogged up with delivery drivers most on terrible contracts ….
[/quote]

And driving like loons and up and down on the pavement :roll:
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Trikesnbikes wrote: 12 Jan 2023, 4:54pm Lucky you, having a Post Office so close. Our local offices have all closed so dropping off parcels for Evri at our local shop became the convenient default.
Having finally managed to contact Evri customer service and claimed for them losing the parcel I sent at the end of November, they are refunding the postage but unbelievably disallowing my claim for the value of the parcel because my claim was made more than 28 days after purchasing the postage. This is despite my claim stating that I was trying to contact them all through December and never even got queued to speak to someone until January, so they are disallowing my claim because their own system made it impossible to make the claim in time!
I had been considering risking returning to Evri for sending small value parcels due to the relative convenience compared to having to travel to use the Post Office, but now I won't give them another penny!
many thanks for this - will now never use them for sending anything - I have tried to contact them in the past over issues with deliveries TO me - useless. May as well be on another planet.
Sweep
Godzy89

Post by Godzy89 »

Ordered from Wiggle at 5 oclock on Sunday evening and got my parcel at 4.10 on Monday evening
Was kept informed about every stage of my order by wiggle and evri
The only slight problem i had was evri changed the delivery to 2 hours earlier than first advised... which was nice 😊

Godzy
SimonCelsa

Post by SimonCelsa »

I've recently ordered a couple of bits and bobs from Wiggle and they have used YODEL as the carrier, for delivery to a collect plus local store up here in the Highlands. Took about 3 days from order to receipt, which is pretty good in my book for 'free' delivery. No complaints.

edit to add: one of the orders had a roll of the Black Brooks bartape in case anybody else interested Pretty good price notwithstanding a bit off topic - sorry!:

brooks bartape.JPG
Jules59

Post by Jules59 »

I have no issue with Evri - have used then for years sending my ebay sales .

My biggest gripe is with DHL whose tracking system doesnt work and cant to seem to find my address even though others have no issue and we are only a few miles from their depot.
eg
Tracker informs me...
"parcel is out for delivery"
"parcel will be delivered between time a and time b"
We wait
"parcel will be delayed"
"parcel will be delivered between time c and time d"
We wait and wait
Tracking system doesnt show parcel any more
Ring DHL - office closed
Ring John Lewis - they will ring DHL - "parcel back in depot"

Next day
"parcel is out for delivery"
and repeat x2

In the end told John Lewis to send the item via a different courier.
Arrived via Yodel next day
andy753

Post by andy753 »

Anna, I seem to spend ALL my disposable income with Wiggle and EVRI has been fantastic in my experience! I think it very much depends on your driver - we have a chap called Smithy and he works incredibly hard. He told me last week that he gets paid £100 a day to deliver over 400 parcels. That's a very long day indeed for a modest sum of money. So perhaps your experience is an isolated one. A complaint might prompt a change of driver?
yostumpy

Post by yostumpy »

Big UP for Wiggle from me. I had a gift voucher given to me for £30, and could never decide what to buy. Finally though of something, thinking I had about 2 weeks left until it expired, but NO! it had expired 5 days previously. So I emailed the customer services, and they said they would still honour it. Top notch, so I bought some stuff, and they did.
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

andy753 wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 8:46am Anna, I seem to spend ALL my disposable income with Wiggle and EVRI has been fantastic in my experience! I think it very much depends on your driver - we have a chap called Smithy and he works incredibly hard. He told me last week that he gets paid £100 a day to deliver over 400 parcels. That's a very long day indeed for a modest sum of money. So perhaps your experience is an isolated one. A complaint might prompt a change of driver?
Yes, it does depend on the driver. Some leave items in communal areas of flats where they then get stolen -grrrr- and this is after I’ve given clear instructions to leave in front of my door.

Other drivers are fantastic and will actually read the delivery notes and thank you to them.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
AndyBike

Post by AndyBike »

I'd a parcel from CRC the other day. Pair of Nukeproof horizon pro pedals I got in their sale(£99 reduced to £39). Good saving, but dreading the Evri courier. No time is stated so at a guess you need to be in for at least 2 days, and only in the last hour pre delivery will you get an email giving an approximate time, or between such and such hours.

I got up, switched on the computer and checked the emails - nowt from crc/evri. Did a bit of going round the forums im on, reading the papers, then decided about an hour later to open a tab to my email. With an open tab a new email is announced so I can instantly see if they've sent one.
Opened up the email account and there is a new message - "Your parcel has been delivered" :?
No prior notice, nothing to say it would be so many hours away. Nothing till an email saying it had arrived and went out to check and theres a parcel on the doorstep.
I live in a tenement flat, which has a secure buzzer only entry. Im sitting close to the front door and heard nothing, not a sound. So the delivery guy, gained entry to the main door, put my parcel on my step and didnt bother knocking the door, ringing the very loud bell or even rattling the letterbox. He sneaked it in, left it and sneaked off again doing everything it would appear to remain silent.

Pic of my front door in their 'delivered' email and as far as evri are concerned the jobs done.
Obviously its a secure flat, and my door is hidden from public view, but anyone coming in has sight of it, sight of the parcel, be that the postie, the close cleaners(mostly scallywags) or anyone, and they could have easily stolen the parcel, and I would then be in a difficult position trying to explain why I hadn't received it.

At least with royal mail if you arent in they take it back to their sorting office, and the postie drops a card through your letterbox the next morning telling you to go pick up your undelivered parcel. Evri dont appear to have anywhere they can hold undelivered mail to. It goes on the doorstep and thats it.

Wiggle might well be shutting down which is a shame as its been a good company. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for evri and theyre still going strong. It should be the other way round, which would be a better result for everyone concerned.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

I’ve probably said it before but I can’t say a bad word about our EVRI. I wonder if using the app gives a better experience than computers?
My last delivery
My last delivery
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

The quality of delivery service provided by Evri, and many of the other similar organisations, depends on the person doing the actual delivery. If my Evri delivery is on a weekday then 90% of the time it will be the same lady who has been doing the round for several years and will hand over packages in person. However, if it's not her or is at the weekend then the service is more erratic. Some of the Royal Mail people will ring the bell, put the parcel on the doormat and be getting into their van before I can reach the front door.

Many of the organisations now want a photo of the parcel and an open door as proof of delivery. My local Evri people have been doing this because there have been enough cases of parcels disappearing that a photo of a parcel and a closed door is no longer considered to be proof of delivery.
Usually riding a Rohloff-equipped Spa Cycles Elan Ti