Plans for 2023?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
cycle tramp

Re: Plans for 2023?

Post by cycle tramp »

Finish clearing out the shed...
Redecorate the bedroom & living room
..swap out the cracked bath...
..improve my cooking skills..
..build a blatt mk3 (with all the stuff left in my shed)
..finish all my art projects...
..make the garden more productive
..try and have everything ready to sort out the kitchen in 2024

..I might be able to squeeze in a bike ride or two :-)
Motorhead: god was never on your sidehttps://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=m ... +your+side
Steve X

Post by Steve X »

I am hoping to do the Hebridean Way and if I feel OK at the end, possibly head up for a ride around the Orkneys.
In the Summer we have a ferry to Rotterdam booked, a post pandemic thing, and have 6 weeks and will go where the wind takes us, but maybe down the coast as far as the Loire, then up the Loire, over the Morvan, pick up the Meuse, and back to Rotterdam ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DinoD

Post by DinoD »

Some interesting ventures posted on here.
I’m planning on catching the train from Cheltenham to Chester then riding down the west coast of Wales back home to Swindon, wild camping along the way. I’ve done Carmarthen to Swindon a year ago so will be looking for an alternative along the south coast. This may be later in the spring/summer as I’ll be going to visit family in Australia for the month of April.
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

A few days relaxing before home
A few days relaxing before home
simonhill wrote: 9 Nov 2022, 12:17am
Sorry to be greedy, but current thinking for me. Sri Lanka for a month in late January, then head over to Thailand using the 45 days for some re riding of stuff in the south. Home in April.

Maybe 10 days in SW France in early June. I'd like to connect up Bordeaux with the Camino and also see the Canal du Midi (interested reading one of your plans MRSHJ, although I normally steer clear of any EV/formal routes)..

In the autumn I'm thinking of Taiwan again, partly in solidarity against Xi. I've cycled round it once and have to see if it's worth a second go. If not, then Japan followed by somewhere warmer in SE Asia. As age encroaches I'm not looking at venturing to the more remote, unknown and arduous destinations.
Phase 1 completed (plus 2 months before Christmas). Nearly home time with 5,000 Kms cycled.
MrsHJ

Post by MrsHJ »

Sounds great- I have spent time in Sri Lanka but never fancied cycling it due to the humidity. Last time I was there it was mid civil war so I hope it’s more peaceable now albeit I’m aware of some pretty difficult undertones with the current/recent governments (when I last visited my brother was the political officer there with the high commission). It would be great to see some photos from your trips.

Mileage wise that’s around 5000 more than me this year unless I include the stationary bike.

Let me know if you are in south west France in early June and if we are close by will meet you for a coffee? I suspect I’ll probably just miss you as I start from Narbonne-ish on 21 May and head west and then north.