A Great listen ! (radio essay)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
simonineaston

A Great listen ! (radio essay)

Post by simonineaston »

We're name checked part way through... at least as 'the cyclist's touring club'... more tomorrow :)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001k8g8
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
rjb

Re: A Great listen ! (radio essay)

Post by rjb »

Thanks Simon I'll download them as podcasts. :D
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
pwa

Post by pwa »

My wife alterted me to this, but I'm not tempted. As she described it to me, it sounds like some wally telling other folk what not to wear when cycling. Or is it meant to be comic?
richardfm

Post by richardfm »

pwa wrote: 29 Mar 2023, 10:01pm My wife alterted me to this, but I'm not tempted. As she described it to me, it sounds like some wally telling other folk what not to wear when cycling. Or is it meant to be comic?
Perhaps you will like this https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001kh5n
Josie Long presents short documentaries and audio adventures about life on wheels. A woman cyclist rolls solo though the Scottish landscape, a car park becomes a vortex of roller skaters and Jungle music at night, and listening to the rhythms of all that spins.

The cyclist bit is "Postcards
Written and produced by Rowan Rheingans
Music composed and performed by Rowan Rheingans
Bagpipes by John-Francis Goodacre"
Richard M
Cardiff
colin54

Post by colin54 »

Thanks for posting Simon. I've listened to the first three episodes and found it found it interesting enough. A potted history of UK cycling interspersed with the narrators own lifetime's cycling experience. I'll certainly seek out the last couple of programmes - today and tomorrow, R3 @ 22.45 - part of 'The Essay' series. I'm not sure I've come across that before, 1880 previous episodes on a multitude of subjects available on BBC iplayer !
Nu-Fogey