Bergen Youth Hostel & Bike Storage?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
molly

Bergen Youth Hostel & Bike Storage?

Post by molly »

Does anyone know if there's somewhere secure to store a bike here or whether they allow bikes in your room?
Vorpal

Re: Bergen Youth Hostel & Bike Storage?

Post by Vorpal »

Do you mean Bergen, Norway? If so, which youth hostel? The International Hostel Association one?
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
molly

Post by molly »

Yes. The International YHA one in Bergen Norway. Alternatively a good camping site or wild camp opportunity reasonably close to Bergen airport as my flight only arrives in the late afternoon.
Eng7166k

Post by Eng7166k »

Stayed a few years back at the YMCA in Bergan whilst cycling north sea cycle route. very central just up from the harbour. Left bike in dormitory . Dormitory was mixed sex ( if I can say that nowadays).
Rained constantly for 4 days!!
softlips

Post by softlips »

Eng7166k wrote: 31 Mar 2023, 10:12am Stayed a few years back at the YMCA in Bergan whilst cycling north sea cycle route. very central just up from the harbour. Left bike in dormitory . Dormitory was mixed sex ( if I can say that nowadays).
Rained constantly for 4 days!!
I was about to ask if it rained. I used to go to Bergan twice a month for a few years. I only remember it not raining on two occasions. My sister visited twice in the last two years, rained the whole time both days.
molly

Post by molly »

It looks like the YMCA is permanently closed but thanks. The Bergen YHA seems to insist that bikes are left outside so I wouldn't really be comfortable with that instead I've found a basic campsite for the first night just on the outskirts of the city. It would be nice if the rain held off on my first night.......