Impersonal membership card

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Grandad

Impersonal membership card

Post by Grandad »

Just received my new annual membership card. Name on it is Mr xxx. Last year it was Mr R xxx. I'm sure that earlier ones showed both names in full.

Another sign of a more impersonal organisation? Or has their computer run out of space :D
ANTONISH

Re: Impersonal membership card

Post by ANTONISH »

Grandad wrote: 31 Mar 2023, 3:15pm Just received my new annual membership card. Name on it is Mr xxx. Last year it was Mr R xxx. I'm sure that earlier ones showed both names in full.

Another sign of a more impersonal organisation? Or has their computer run out of space :D
My current card shows my full name - not due for renewal yet.
PH

Post by PH »

My brand new card, received earlier this week, has the title removed and the initial replaced by name.
I know Cycling UK are upgrading the system and there's now a new membership portal, so all the features are in one place. I had to sign up for a new account in order to access something a while back. Maybe the difference in our cards has something to do with this.

EDIT - Shouldn't this be in the Cycling UK Topics board?
andrew_s

Post by andrew_s »

My card, received this week, has had my initials removed (as compared with the old one), leaving me as "Mr Sxxx"
SimonCelsa

Post by SimonCelsa »

Grandad wrote: 31 Mar 2023, 3:15pm Just received my new annual membership card. Name on it is Mr xxx.
Did you used to work in the adult entertainment industry?

My new card has first name and surname in full - I must be special!