Cycle repair stands

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
3T

Cycle repair stands

Post by 3T »

I feel sure this must have been asked in the past however after carrying out a search I cannot find any mention.

After more years than I care to remember of making do with mediocre cycle repair stands, interspaced with boxes, rope, trestles, frame supports, and sky hooks I have decided to buy a more suitable cycle repair stand. What I need is a stand such as what are used in cycle repair shops, to support a bike with both wheels off the ground which are free to rotate. I would love to have from Kestrel Engineering, a Model E, it is a big lump of excellent repair stand but at a price I would find difficult to justify. Can any members recommend a repair stand they have bought recently, or is still in production.
Thanks.
diapason

Re: Cycle repair stands

Post by diapason »

I've got a Minoura. Not sure of the model, but it's strong, pretty stable, and can swivel the bike through 180 degrees. I think you can buy them for under £100.

N
Advena ego sum in Terra
random37

Post by random37 »

Mine is a Cinelli. £35 from a wanred ad here. Rubbish for mountain bikes with fat tubes though.
resus1uk

Post by resus1uk »

Revolution stand was on offer last year from Edinburgh . Good size & solidly clamps bikes with both wheels off the floor
invisiblemonsters

Post by invisiblemonsters »

I got this Spin Doctor Deluxe stand last year and it's been great so far. Once initially assembled it's very easy to fold down and set up, and has a good range of heights and angles.
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

I treated myself to the Revolution stand from edinburgh bicycle co-op just before Christmas.
It was on offer at £50 instead of £80, I think.
Can recommend it. Chunky frame, with quick-release type adjustments (make sure you do them up tight) and wide opening jaws for any type of bike.
Have even managed to hold my tandem up whilst working on it, but not with both wheels in the air!
kevinn123

Post by kevinn123 »

+ 1 for the Spin Doctor Deluxe

- easy to use - and folds easily so can be tucked away.

got it cheaper than the current price - seems if you wait long enough Wiggle will eventually drop the price for a week or two.
georgew

Post by georgew »

I have the Kestrel stand in my own workshop but we also use them in our Bike Charity workshop also and I don't think that you can do better. That said the "Revolution" one as mentioned is fine for home use and I believe it's really a "Union" stand but sold under different names.