Howz this for a hoot ?!

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
simonineaston

Howz this for a hoot ?!

Post by simonineaston »

For someone who likes his Moultons, who lives nearby and who has indeed climbed up on the hill and seen the city lights, this is Great Fun !! Hope you enjoy :-)
https://youtu.be/GimLuOUVkxg
Gabriel & bike... on stage
Gabriel & bike... on stage
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
peetee

Re: Howz this for a hoot ?!

Post by peetee »

Thanks for that. Fully chromed Moulton spaceframe; tasty! :!:
I know the video is 12 years old but he was 20 years older than when he recorded the track and his voice hasn’t changed a bit.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
simonineaston

Re: Howz this for a hoot ?!

Post by simonineaston »

One December, some time after the eponymously named single charted in '77, I went to Bath with 2 friends I'd met and worked with at a London hospital, she to shop & continue to her family in Stogursey, my chum Woody and I to find and go up the hill. We fine-tuned the plan - such as it was - in a pub, found the hill somehow and climbed to the top, saw the lights, shared the tune on his walkman, then wandered about in the dark long enough to find somewhere flat for the tent and fell asleep. Come the morning, we realised we'd pitched up in the back of someone's back garden somehow but nobody was around to notice... it was great, being young :)
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)