Cycling bases in Trento - one week riding in each

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Doxterisation

Cycling bases in Trento - one week riding in each

Post by Doxterisation »

Hoping people with experience of holing up in a city/town in Trento for a weeks cycling loop of rides can advise here , was looking to do maybe two different places and do a weeks road riding .

All advice gratefully received thanks
HarryD

Re: Cycling bases in Trento - one week riding in each

Post by HarryD »

Did a couple of weeks touring that took in Trentino/Trento. We didn't hole up anywhere for more than a night though

The issue is that the area is full of big hills with roads going a long way round them and often crowded valleys. This makes several day rides from a base without repetition challenging

Trains take bikes so there are options to train out and bike back but they are not ubiquitous but do increase options. There are loads of excellent bike tracks virtually everywhere but can be a bit disjointed
DSC_0409.JPG
If it were me I'd look for areas with a high density of mixed of roads. The area between Trentino/Trento and Feltre would be in my thoughts

We had an excellent time there and it is certainly worth the effort to visit by bike
Doxterisation

Re: Cycling bases in Trento - one week riding in each

Post by Doxterisation »

Thanks HarryD will have a look at your suggestion . Cheers .