Hamax bike seat

Sophiecycles

Hamax bike seat

Post by Sophiecycles »

After much research we bought the Hamax Caress last year for our daughter. We've been using it since she was 10 months and she's now 20 months. I've noticed she's been getting a lot of rubbing from the shoulder straps. Over winter this wasn't as much of an issue as she had a big coat on but now without padding her skin is red and it is clearly distressing her to the extent that we've had stop using it. The shoulder straps seem very close together and so I don't think that extra padding alone will solve the problem. She's tall for her age but nowhere near the 22kg weight limit.Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any any ideas? I'm keen to get her back out on the bike!
Vorpal

Re: Hamax bike seat

Post by Vorpal »

Fleece covers for car seat harnesses or seat belts?

I think that's what I would try.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
tomsumner49

Post by tomsumner49 »

You may have already done this, but is there any height adjustment in the straps? On the seat we have the point where the straps attach to the seat can be moved up as the kid grows.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Welcome.

We have a Hamax and haven't seen this problem. But it might be a different model. The paired slots on ours are 41 mm apart: what are they on yours?

Strap covers as upthread sound sensible.

Please could you add a photo showing the straps on the child. (You might like to obscure the child's face.)

Jonathan