Apple Vision Pro & cycling

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
simonineaston

Apple Vision Pro & cycling

Post by simonineaston »

Anyone else thinking that an indoor trainer and a vr headset would make a great combo for cycling while the weather's a bit rubbish... ? I could "go to Brittany" (or anywhere else for that matter...) whenever I fancied! :lol:
Maybe not at £3k+ a pop, though !
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Jdsk

Re: Apple Vision Pro & cycling

Post by Jdsk »

I had a quick run through some possible applications after the announcement.

I have no interest in static trainers but it could do just what you describe, and with or without partners, and you could select your own weather.

Having workshop manuals etc in front of you while fettling would be great. There was a wonderful early application of AR in fitting wiring looms to Boeing aircraft where the correct position and connections were superimposed on the view of the real objects.

Jonathan
re_cycler

Post by re_cycler »

I'm not sure I'd want to be trying to wipe sweat out of my £3k+ headset.
I like the idea of technical information being displayed but I wonder if, like a hard hat, you'd forget your wearing it once you became absorbed in a job and end up smacking them in a situation where you want to get very close.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »