making light of threatening cyclists

harriedgary

making light of threatening cyclists

Post by harriedgary »

so this is facebook standards now.png
So, is facebook moderated by a bunch of computers?
The bizarre advert by the car sales showroom makes light of serious violence against cyclists, but facebook decided it didn't go against their community standards. Some community, as other posts that don't promote violence against any one group, and don't spread false news or facts, get routinely blocked on facebook. Is this the future of social media?
Bored with earth, where is the mother ship please?
cycle tramp

Re: making light of threatening cyclists

Post by cycle tramp »

Yes.. which is why tend to avoid things like twitter, Instagram, Facebook and all the rest of it.

Personally I'd try lodging you complaint with the advertising agency and make a complaint in regards which ever organisation is supposed to be monitoring face book...

Or just give up Facebook... After all it's only in existence because people use it
JohnI

Post by JohnI »

Is the showroom connected to any of the big car companies, e.g. is it a main dealer? If so it might be worth complaining to the larger company - they may take a dim view of their brand being associated with something like this.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

It's in the Phillipines
DaveReading

Post by DaveReading »

Unfortunately ambiguous thread title ...
Vitara

Post by Vitara »

Pretty much standard for FB. I've reported comments which are abusive or threatening towards cyclists on numerous occassions, always with the same result "This does not contravene our community standards".

On the other hand I recently attempeted to place an advert for some Nerf Gun Accessories (Childrens toy) on FB Marketplace only to have the advert removed and a threat that I would be banned from Marketplace.

It would appear

Threaten to kill cyclists with a motor vehicle - acceptable

Selling foam cover darts - unacceptable
harriedgary

Post by harriedgary »

DaveReading wrote: 12 Jun 2023, 8:10am Unfortunately ambiguous thread title ...
I was going for something short and punchy. Also my brain is non typical issue so tends to produce "interesting" results :D
Bored with earth, where is the mother ship please?