Simple ebike conversion?

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
james01

Simple ebike conversion?

Post by james01 »

Looking for reliable conversion kit for an old MTB. Must be street-legal. Prefer front hub motor (for simplicity) and ability to operate on any easily available generic batteries (unlike my 2018 Carrera ebike for which batteries are apparently unobtainable). I'd really appreciate any advice from anyone with experience of basic conversion kits. Thanks.
rjb

Re: Simple ebike conversion?

Post by rjb »

From a recommendation on this forum i fitted a Tongsheng TDZ 2 mid drive to our tandem. I was impressed enough to then fit 2 more kits to my neighbours hybrid bikes. Ordered from Germany and delivered in a few days. Excellent kit and has been over 4000 miles now. Total cost with the battery was about £400. Very easy to fit as it goes in place of your chainset and bottom bracket. Worked straight from the box without altering any of the settings. Theres a video on the site linked too.
Bought from PSW power.
https://pswpower.com/products/europe-st ... -sensor-97
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
SimonCelsa

Re: Simple ebike conversion?

Post by SimonCelsa »

I fitted a 'Woosh' XF-07 front hub conversion with 17Ah battery to a tandem back in 2018.

Fairly low mileage since then, just less than 3000 miles and the battery is on its 70th charge cycle. All still works perfectly (kiss of death!!).

Fitting was relatively straightforward, had to drill a couple of holes in the frame to facilitate positioning the battery/controller. Excellent online assistance from Woosh.

I think they still sell it, plenty of info at this site: https://wooshbikes.co.uk/?hubkits