SJS Cycles - excellent service

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
avecReynolds531

SJS Cycles - excellent service

Post by avecReynolds531 »

I contacted SJS Cycles after a failed stand light in a dynamo headlight.

They replied shortly after: apologising for inconvenience, a replacement light would be sent out the next day -free of charge - with no need to send back the faulty light.

The new light arrived promptly via tracked and signed delivery.

In my view, that's excellent customer service, and it's fair to commend how well they dealt with this. I'm not affiliated with the shop at all, only a happy customer.
Jdsk

Re: SJS Cycles - excellent service

Post by Jdsk »

That's good to hear.

I choose to buy from them even when I can get stuff slightly cheaper because they'll answer my questions quickly, helpfully and by email.

Jonathan
richardfm

Post by richardfm »

Jdsk wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 2:32pm That's good to hear.

I choose to buy from them even when I can get stuff slightly cheaper because they'll answer my questions quickly, helpfully and by email.

Jonathan
They answered my last question really quickly I thought, but apologised for the delay due to covid staff shortages and being very busy
Richard M
Cardiff
PH

Post by PH »

They are my retailer of choice, I buy common consumables from Halfords and 90% of my other cycle purchases come from SJS.
They're prices have become more competitive in recent years, as have their postage charges. I like the attitude that you should pay a fair price for P&P, rather than the con that it can somehow be free. I also prefer their clear information about delivery, rather than the rush to get it out the door which some people mistake for good service. Plus packaging is usually first rate.
They carry stuff that no one else does, some of it must sell in tiny quantities, and can't be that profitable when it does. If some of my larger purchases are subsidising that, it's money well spent.
The couple of times I've had issues they've been sorted promptly without drama and communication has always been excellent.
KenoshaKid

Post by KenoshaKid »

+1 on SJS Cycles. I needed a cone/dust cap for a Shimano generator hub; my local bike shop advised me to order it from SJS, which had it and got it to me quickly. There was no other channel through which to get it (and I should point out that I'm in California, not the UK). I am happy they were able to come through.
Nearholmer

Post by Nearholmer »

They are really good, so I use them for anything that the LBSs (we have multiple) don’t have.

I only wish I’d discovered them a few years sooner, because they stock bits that I thought, and LBSs claimed, were now completely unobtainable, and that would have made me bolder in keeping my 1991 bike in service (I gave it to charity after 25 years).
diapason

Post by diapason »

They're one of my local bike shops, so I'm usually a walk-in customer. Always have excellent service and advice.
Advena ego sum in Terra
jonk

Post by jonk »

I've bought quite lot of bike bits, wheels and a bike from them and their customer service has been probably the best I've experienced in any shop of any kind. I've had a very generous resolution to a warranty issue and buying from them would have been worth it for that alone; but their service and knowledge on the phone and over email is always brilliant.
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

Recently had an old (~20 years!) SON dynohub fail with seized bearings, and as they're the main UK agent I got in touch to get it serviced. The whole process was easy with all contact (both phone and email) very good in terms of both responsiveness and quality of information.

I've dealt with them a fair bit over the years and I've never come away with any impression other than they know what they're at. I've found them very good for spares too for stuff like Ortlieb and Brompton. Had recently got my wife an Ortlieb Quick Rack for her gravel bike and she wanted spare mounts for her MTB, SJS didn't have them but had me send a photo & description and got them in to stock PDQ :)

Pete.
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...