Removal of thread 'How to transport ebikes without tow bar?'

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
mattsccm

Re: Removal of thread 'How to transport ebikes without tow bar?'

Post by mattsccm »

"Ironic to post that when you seem not to be listening to third crank's opinion/ complaint!
But I am and thats my point. This is a bit of entertainment that we all know isn't to be taken seriously. If any of us feel that our time is so important that our comments have any real significance then ............ I dunno.
It's the internet, few of us know anyone else and all of this is largely irrelevant in the greater scheme of things. Just a bunch of (I bet, prove me wrong on both counts, that would be great) older blokes having their say.
I have nowt but respect for the mods and happily will not complain. I give nothing to the forum so have no right to comment on those who do.
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

Happy to go along with the Mods.

Nonetheless, deleted posts are always a bit of a tease if you have been following them and missed the offending post(s). Thanks for temporarily restoring this one.

I'd be interested to see Summit's final post - was it those 3 or 4 photos of girlfriend, a distorted face, etc or did I miss something else. I'll never know and it's a big hole in my life as I plan my upcoming 2 month tour.
slowster

Post by slowster »

I have now removed the thread again from the public forum.

I have also moved this thread from 'Does anyone know...?' to 'Using the Forum - request help : report difficulties'. I have temporarily left a shadow topic in 'Does anyone know...?' which links to this thread's new location.
Carlton green

Post by Carlton green »

I just read through the offending thread and really don’t understand why it was so necessary to delete it, rather heavy handed and counter productive I’d say. Lock it and leave it would be best IMHO, please can we have that with maybe a mod’s note at the end reiterating that 250 Watt is the legal limit and one that isn’t going to be debated in this thread.

The ability (knowledge shared) to carry e-bikes will be useful to someone and so will the warning that 250 Watts is the limit of what is legal to use.
Don’t fret, it’s OK to: ride a simple old bike; ride slowly, walk, rest and admire the view; ride off-road; ride in your raincoat; ride by yourself; ride in the dark; and ride one hundred yards or one hundred miles. Your bike and your choices to suit you.
Biospace

Post by Biospace »

If posts broke the rules in the eyes of moderators then that's how it is.

I didn't read the whole thread, it had been deleted (twice) by the time I read this one, and hadn't mentioned anything explicit about riding these bikes where it would be illegal to do so, there was simply an assumption this was the intention.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Biospace wrote: 27 Jul 2023, 4:16pm If posts broke the rules in the eyes of moderators then that's how it is.
The Moderator involved could have opened the thread, posted, and closed it by way of a statement. Mod. posted, has left it open and, as often, we're having a discussion.
jb

Post by jb »

Tis as I feared those many years ago. Motorcyclists are back ripping up the ancient ways but now without the encumbrances of noise disturbance or carbon emissions.
It will be harder to shift them of the greenways this time but the tracks & lanes will suffer.
Cheers
J Bro
Nearholmer

Post by Nearholmer »

Yep, it’s not going in a good direction.
Carlton green

Post by Carlton green »

Biospace wrote: 27 Jul 2023, 4:16pm If posts broke the rules in the eyes of moderators then that's how it is.

I didn't read the whole thread, it had been deleted (twice) by the time I read this one, and hadn't mentioned anything explicit about riding these bikes where it would be illegal to do so, there was simply an assumption this was the intention.
I didn’t see any particular forum rules being broken but if rules were broken then pointing them out would have been helpful. Not pointing out what was unacceptable and why smacks of something quite unpalatable …

As a rule I’m supportive of the mod’s but on this occasion a recently appointed mod’ has made what’s arguably a mistake; that’s OK, everybody makes mistakes, we shouldn’t expect mod’s to be perfect and being a mod is difficult. When you make a mistake then the right thing to do is to correct it …
Don’t fret, it’s OK to: ride a simple old bike; ride slowly, walk, rest and admire the view; ride off-road; ride in your raincoat; ride by yourself; ride in the dark; and ride one hundred yards or one hundred miles. Your bike and your choices to suit you.