2023 TDF potential spoliers- watch the latest stage before reading

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
Postboxer

Re: 2023 TDF potential spoliers- watch the latest stage before reading

Post by Postboxer »

It would maybe risk next year's tour if he were to go for the giro next year, with Pogacar being such a close rival, unless they both go for it. Would be good to see him try though. Maybe someone new will come along, as seems to keep happening recently.

Can't help think of Cavendish and the stages he would have had a chance in this week. He did appear on the Geraint Thomas Watts Occurring podcast but they didn't really mention the future. He did say his hip was quite sore, they'd needed to transplant some bone to his shoulder/collarbone.
Debs

Post by Debs »

Final Results: SAINT-QUENTIN-EN-YVELINES ~ PARIS
1. Jordi Meeus (Bel) Bora-Hansgrohe 02h 56’ 13”
2. Jasper Philipsen (Bel) Alpecin-Deceuninck
3. Dylan Groenewegen (Ned) Jayco-AlUla
4. Mads Pedersen (Den) Lidl-Trek
5. Cees Bol (Ned) Astana Qazaqstan
6. Biniam Girmay (Eri) Intermarché - Circus - Wanty
7. Bryan Coquard (Fra) Cofidis
8. Søren Wærenskjold (Nor) Uno-X
9. Corbin Strong (NZ) Israel-Premier Tech
10. Luca Mozzato (Ita) Arkéa Samsic all at st

:fr:

FINAL GENERAL CLASSIFICATION
1. Jonas Vingegaard :denmark: Jumbo-Visma in 82h 05’ 42’’
2. Tadej Pogačar (Slo) UAE Team Emirates, at 7’ 29’’
3. Adam Yates (GBr) UAE Team Emirates, at 10’ 56’’
4. Simon Yates (Gbr) Jayco-AIUla, at 12’ 23’’
5. Carlos Rodriguez (Spa) Ineos Grenadiers, at 13’ 17’’
6. Pello Bilbao (Esp) Bahrain Victorious, at 13’ 27’’
7. Jai Hindley (Aus) Bora-Hansgrohe, at 14’ 44’’
8. Felix Gall (Aut) AG2R Citroën, at 16’ 09’’
9. David Gaudu (Fra) Groupama-FDJ, at 23’ 08’’
10. Guillaume Martin (Fra) Cofidis 26’ 30’’

Final POINTS CLASSIFICATION
1. Jasper Philipsen (Bel) Alpecin-Deceuninck
2. Mads Pedersen (Den) Lidl-Trek
3. Bryan Coquard (Fra) Cofidis
4. Tadej Pogačar (Slo) UAE Emirates
5. Kasper Asgreen (Den) Soudal Quick-Step

FINAL MOUNTAINS CLASSIFICATION
1. Giulio Ciccone (Ita) Lidl-Trek, 106 points
2. Felix Gall (Aut) AG2R Citroen, 92 points
3. Jonas Vingegaard (Den) Jumbo-Visma, 89 points
4. Neilson Powless (Usa) EF Education-EasyPost, 58 points
5. Tadej Pogačar (Slo) UAE Emirates, 55 points

FINAL YOUNG RIDER CLASSIFICATION
1. Tadej Pogačar (Slo) UAE Team Emirates, in 82h 13’ 11’’
2. Carlos Rodríguez (Esp) Ineos Grenadiers, at 5’ 48’’
3. Felix Gall (Aut) Ag2r-Citroën, at 08’ 40’’

FINAL TEAM CLASSIFICATION
1. Jumbo-Visma, in 247h 26’ 17’’
2. UAE Team Emirates, at 7’ 03’’
3. Bahrain Victorious at 22’ 01"

Lanterne Rouge award = Michael Mørkøv :denmark: Soudal - Quick Step 6h 07’ 11"
harriedgary

Post by harriedgary »

Is it me being stupid (YES Gary you twonk !!!!!!!)
But each year I have the same issue with the ITV 4 coverage. After the first rest stage, the programme edition numbering seems to lose it's way. I have to stare at the links to work out which one is actually the next edition when either selecting only the highlights, or only the full programme.
just me init.. :?
Bored with earth, where is the mother ship please?
MrsHJ

Post by MrsHJ »

harriedgary wrote: 3 Aug 2023, 3:21pm Is it me being stupid (YES Gary you twonk !!!!!!!)
But each year I have the same issue with the ITV 4 coverage. After the first rest stage, the programme edition numbering seems to lose it's way. I have to stare at the links to work out which one is actually the next edition when either selecting only the highlights, or only the full programme.
I have irritations with the ITVX app (esp why I there is no live button for it on my smart tv but there is on my iPad, why in the iPad any change to the screen at all means it stops and you have to watch a load of ads etc to restart) but not that one. It shows clearly on the list of available episodes (ps only 2 days left if anyone wants to catch up/rewatch any parts.
Attachments
IMG_1598.png
matt_twam_asi

Post by matt_twam_asi »

harriedgary wrote: 3 Aug 2023, 3:21pm Is it me being stupid (YES Gary you twonk !!!!!!!)
It's not just you, the numbering was all kinds of wonk on a day-to-day viewing from around stage 10. The full races eventually stopped appearing at around stage 16. I've just checked and they've sorted it out now though which is nice, if a little pointless.
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

I record them so don't really use catch up unless I've had problems, I can then skip the adverts. Doesn't it let you just click to watch the next episode, or to carry on from where you've left off? Does it show you which episodes you have already watched? Or are you just trying to find the more interesting stages? I agree it's a pain on catch up having to watch adverts, then as soon as the episode starts playing, realising you needed the next episode, then having to watch, probably the same adverts, all over again.
harriedgary

Post by harriedgary »

in previous years I could leave it to go through each stage as I sweated myself to a dried prune while tied to the gym bike. But this year, it would hang between each program. I'll go and see if it still is up, then screenshot exactly what I meant about the out of order for them using other platforms.

And yes, make the mistake of trying to either stop, or heaven forbid rewind to a previous segment, then it makes you watch the tedious adverts for another 4 minutes. It even makes you watch adverts when all you want to do is move on. It seems to be very twonky this year. And it's not the age of my platform as I've updated at last and using one only a year old having made my last laptop last for over 7 years with a lot of kicking and swearing.

The only way to record seems to be if you pay the subscription, I did think about cheating, waiting till the final week, signing up on a promise, recording it all, then cancelling, but I hate handing over my bank details just in case they keep them. Had enough problems with a certain nationwide brand gym which took over a different gym which in turn had taken over LA Leisure back in the day. Took me 5 months to stop them threatening me for dues after I lawfully cancelled. Bunch of twonks.
Bored with earth, where is the mother ship please?