Covid autumn booster

Pinhead

Re: Covid autumn booster

Post by Pinhead »

Psamathe wrote: 29 Oct 2023, 2:09pm
Pinhead wrote: 29 Oct 2023, 2:02pm So far I have had my 4th covid, three boosters, and the last week Flue and this week shingles, in two weeks Pneumonia ...............

I have gone from 22 stone years back to 13, 9, and the nurse said last week You are healthy :D

Oh and am 66

Apart from the FIRST covid all have been walk in no appointment needed though I do make one, small Welsh village
How come you got shingles vaccine? Private? - as whilst NHS have lowered the age to 65, they've done it in a weird way and I'm 67 and can't get it until I'm 70. Seems the new lower age only applies who have their 65th birthday after the age change! My 65th birthday was 2 years ago so I'm cot covered by the new "from age 65" criteria!

'cos I'm keen to get the vaccination having suffered shingles before and I'm told that having had it before does not change your chances of getting it a second time (although 3rd time is apparently very unlikely)!

Ian
NHS (I am also ex NHS) Well 66 in two months

Move to Wales :lol: :lol: :lol:
AUTISTIC and proud
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Pinhead wrote: 29 Oct 2023, 2:16pm
Pinhead wrote: 29 Oct 2023, 2:02pm So far I have had my 4th covid, three boosters, and the last week Flue and this week shingles, in two weeks Pneumonia ...............

I have gone from 22 stone years back to 13, 9, and the nurse said last week You are healthy :D

Oh and am 66

Apart from the FIRST covid all have been walk in no appointment needed though I do make one, small Welsh village
How come you got shingles vaccine? Private? - as whilst NHS have lowered the age to 65, they've done it in a weird way and I'm 67 and can't get it until I'm 70. Seems the new lower age only applies who have their 65th birthday after the age change! My 65th birthday was 2 years ago so I'm cot covered by the new "from age 65" criteria!

'cos I'm keen to get the vaccination having suffered shingles before and I'm told that having had it before does not change your chances of getting it a second time (although 3rd time is apparently very unlikely)!

Ian

Wales is pretty much the same
If you turned 65 before 1 September 2023 you will be contacted when you turn 70.

If you turned 65 after 1 September 2023 you are still eligible. Contact your GP surgery for an appointment.
So I can't see how you were eligible.

Ian
Pinhead

Post by Pinhead »

Psamathe wrote: 29 Oct 2023, 2:29pm
Pinhead wrote: 29 Oct 2023, 2:16pm

Ian

Wales is pretty much the same
If you turned 65 before 1 September 2023 you will be contacted when you turn 70.

If you turned 65 after 1 September 2023 you are still eligible. Contact your GP surgery for an appointment.
So I can't see how you were eligible.

Ian

I am a carer as well perhaps that helps but I doubt it just Wales

https://111.wales.nhs.uk/livewell/vacci ... ber%202023)%3B

Attachments
cc.jpg
AUTISTIC and proud
parmos

Post by parmos »

been tortured lately for mine but i've had 3 no more now my daughters had a PE and currently got 4 clots on her lungs which arose after her last booster so that's enough for me with no explanation from the NHS.

i feel guilty actually having the 3 that i've had as felt like i was pressured into having them from media, work & the doctors i really wish i hadn't bothered now and feel bad for it if i could "turn back time" as cher would sing about.

my missus and her sister haven't had any jabs and ive had covid more times than the both of them together.
Biospace

Post by Biospace »

parmos wrote: 31 Oct 2023, 11:31am been tortured lately for mine but i've had 3 no more now my daughters had a PE and currently got 4 clots on her lungs which arose after her last booster so that's enough for me with no explanation from the NHS.

i feel guilty actually having the 3 that i've had as felt like i was pressured into having them from media, work & the doctors i really wish i hadn't bothered now and feel bad for it if i could "turn back time" as cher would sing about.

my missus and her sister haven't had any jabs and ive had covid more times than the both of them together.
I'm very sorry to hear of your daughter's situation, I hope she is receiving the right care and that matters improve.

You say you felt pressured into having these injections, to what extent do you feel this affected your decision?
Pinhead

Post by Pinhead »

parmos wrote: 31 Oct 2023, 11:31am been tortured lately for mine but i've had 3 no more now my daughters had a PE and currently got 4 clots on her lungs which arose after her last booster so that's enough for me with no explanation from the NHS.

Sorry to hear about your daughter

However I have NEVER felt pressured, we all have choices to make.

I have never had any side effects at all, none neither has my son, you need to consider the bigger picture, there will always be a small SMALL percentage of problems out weighed by the benefits.
AUTISTIC and proud
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Pinhead wrote: 1 Nov 2023, 8:57am
Bully for you it’s obvious you’ve never meet the nurse I said no to the Covid vaccine to.
I made my choice based on what my body has been progressively telling me after each jag. Weighed up with what I consider a low risk of catching Covid. I or Mrs P have never had it and neither have two sons both working with the public.
Pinhead wrote: 1 Nov 2023, 8:57am I have never had any side effects at all, none neither has my son, you need to consider the bigger picture, there will always be a small SMALL percentage of problems out weighed by the benefits.
Consider yourself fortunate you’ve had no side effects at all and i see why you carry on getting it. If you or a son were part of that 'small' percentage of problems might you have a different opinion?
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Pinhead

Post by Pinhead »

Paulatic wrote: 1 Nov 2023, 9:38am
Bully for you it’s obvious you’ve never meet the nurse I said no to the Covid vaccine to.
I made my choice based on what my body has been progressively telling me after each jag. Weighed up with what I consider a low risk of catching Covid. I or Mrs P have never had it and neither have two sons both working with the public.
Pinhead wrote: 1 Nov 2023, 8:57am I have never had any side effects at all, none neither has my son, you need to consider the bigger picture, there will always be a small SMALL percentage of problems out weighed by the benefits.
Consider yourself fortunate you’ve had no side effects at all and i see why you carry on getting it. If you or a son were part of that 'small' percentage of problems might you have a different opinion?
LOLROFL

What an attitude you have

Just because you have had a problem I (EX NHS) and millions have not as compared to the few who have

The stats are here

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/s ... cinations/
AUTISTIC and proud
Pinhead

Post by Pinhead »

Pinhead wrote: 1 Nov 2023, 9:43am
Paulatic wrote: 1 Nov 2023, 9:38am
LOLROFL

What an attitude you have, if you don't like responses to your posts then it is simple DON'T post !

Just because you have had a problem I (EX NHS) and millions have not as compared to the few who have

The stats are here

AUTISTIC and proud
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Pinhead wrote: 1 Nov 2023, 9:43am [

LOLROFL

The stats are here

I’ve no idea why you’ve given me a link showing that in England a lot less people have had the Covid jag than have taken the flu jag. Mirroring my decision thank you.

Self preservation is not a bad attitude to have in my book.

E2E info
Pinhead

Post by Pinhead »

Paulatic wrote: 1 Nov 2023, 11:16am
Pinhead wrote: 1 Nov 2023, 9:43am [

LOLROFL

The stats are here

I’ve no idea why you’ve given me a link showing that in England a lot less people have had the Covid jag than have taken the flu jag. Mirroring my decision thank you.

It is JAB not JAG !

"Which is why sensible people have innoculations"
AUTISTIC and proud
Pinhead

Post by Pinhead »

Monthly age-standardised mortality rates (ASMRs) for deaths involving coronavirus (COVID-19) have been consistently lower for all months since booster introduction in September 2021 for people who had received at least a third dose or booster at least 21 days ago, compared with unvaccinated people and those with just a first or second dose.

Read the above and more at

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... cember2022

US related

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... n-each-sta

UK

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/engl ... ion-status
AUTISTIC and proud
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Pinhead wrote: 2 Nov 2023, 1:49pm
It is JAB not JAG !

"Which is why sensible people have innoculations"
Sorry mate where I live it’s a jag you’ll have to allow regional variations. https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/jag

Maybe you’ll also have to allow regional definitions of sensible. Where I live the definition includes 'listen to your body'.
Pinhead wrote: 2 Nov 2023, 1:52pm Monthly age-standardised mortality rates (ASMRs) for deaths involving coronavirus (COVID-19) have been consistently lower for all months since booster introduction in September 2021 for people who had received at least a third dose or booster at least 21 days ago, compared with unvaccinated people and those with just a first or second dose.
I’ve had at least 3 does that meet the criteria?

E2E info