Elbe Radweg

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
st599_uk

Re: European Cup football fixtures in Germany this summer

Post by st599_uk »

plancashire wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 10:44pm
Galactic wrote: 7 Mar 2024, 7:47am Here we go:
long list of fixtures
If looking for places in Germany it would help to use the German names.
Köln = Cologne
München = Munich
Frankfurt-am-Main = Frankfurt (there's another one)
Well done for getting Düsseldorf right - my home city.
For reasons best known to themselves, UEFA are using anglicised names for all the cities apart from Düsseldorf.

I had hoped that the NRW bid for Olympics 2032 would go through - seemed such a good, no new stadiums, no new hotels, 1 canoe course needed, 1/2 billion people within a 6 hour train ride, spend the cash on regional transport upgrade. (And could lead to a proper Kölsch v. Alt argument). But Melbourne won instead with "the greenest games ever" - ignoring the spectators flying to Australia.
A novice learning...
“the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
foxyrider

Re: Elbe Radweg

Post by foxyrider »

LucyEliz wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 7:18pm @foxyrider: which routes would you most recommend?
Depends what you like, the Main was quite nice, the Ostsee very enjoyable (i did a loop along the Danish side too), but i think my favourite was the Bodensee - Konigsee which is hillier than the others as its in the sub alpine region but its never silly hard and includes some great places, Chiemsee, Neuschwanstein, Fussen, Bertchesgaden for example and side trips to the likes of Kempten and Salzburg are easy to incorporate. I went west - east then returned through Austria and Switzerland having flown to/from Zurich.
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!