Bike Friday Folding Road Bike. SOLD

For sale of complete bikes, trikes, recumbents ( minor missing components acceptable. e.g. no saddle, no pedals ). Please do NOT post bike bits here. They will be deleted.
mariononslow20

Bike Friday Folding Road Bike. SOLD

Post by mariononslow20 »

Chances are that you haven't heard of Bike Friday let alone this rare "Air Glide" model. Its a US brand of high quality folding bike designed for packing down for travel. They even sell custom made tow-along suitcases for travelling by air.

The Bike Friday is not just a folding bike but a high quality road bike that folds/dismantles to go easily in a car boot or even a large suitcase. It uses a combination of 9 speed derailleur + 3 speed hub to give a wide range and a robust drive-train. It has 20" wheels with (new) road tyres.

This unusual model is the Air Glide which has a unique suspended titanium beam. As you'd expect this makes for a smooth ride and really stylish looks. This bike is a head turner and you won't see many others like it.

The bike has been well looked after and lightly used over the years. It was made in 2003 and has been on a handful of tours, but I last used it for a trip in 2018 and it has been stored in the dry ever since. Overall it is in good condition with the usual minor cosmetic scuffs/fair wear that I have tried to capture honestly in the photos

Size: The bike was originally custom made for me at 5'5" but in reality because of the unusual design there is a lot of scope for adjustment up/down, fore/aft in the handle bars, seat stem, saddle height and seat beam.

I have some custom luggage accessories available separately to fit the bike, please enquire

The bike can be dispatched by the courier of your choice, or I will organise. Collection in person welcome (Surrey based) also I am willing to deliver for a modest fee in most of SE England

Links to pics below

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by mariononslow20 on 28 May 2024, 9:26am, edited 2 times in total.
mariononslow20

Re: Bike Friday Folding Road Bike. Small frame. Rare "Air Glide" model. £850

Post by mariononslow20 »

Still for sale. Now considering offers...........otherwise its back on Ebay in a couple of weeks