Extra Wheel Trailer comp. with wheel and bags £100

Private Small Ads only. Dealers, traders or commercials will be deleted.
tenbikes

Extra Wheel Trailer comp. with wheel and bags £100

Post by tenbikes »

These trailers now cost in excess of £400, but this one is the old style. The fixing system has not changed: it is superb: only the bag arrangement has changed.

I have used this off road and believe it is all but impossible to have the trailer accidently disconnect, which given the friction fit is counter intuitive! It does not lock in place so I guess would come off if really needed, like it the trailer suddenly got jammed. But it will get airborne and bounce around, hit trees and rocks with glancing blows and remain in place!

Uses the same dia wheel as your bike if you want, giving you a spare, though I have always used a 26" with big tyre [supplied]. standard QR.

Only one bag is shown in the photos but I have the pair....just need to find the other, which I reckon is in the motorhome!

I replaced the original cordage used to secure the mesh pockets with a strap which is faster and easier.

Price includes postage which is likely to be pricey ! However I can deliver anywhere between Inverness and Hull.......
Attachments
DSC_8576.JPG
DSC_8575.JPG
DSC_8574.JPG
tenbikes

Re: Extra Wheel Trailer comp. with wheel and bags £100

Post by tenbikes »

price reduced :)
geomannie

Post by geomannie »

I could be interested but I don't fully understand how the trailer works. My current understanding is that it is a single wheel (not supplied) that supports a pannier rack onto which two panniers can be attached. Is this right? You are selling both the mount for the wheel and the two panniers?

If so I am a little confused about the mesh holder. Is there one on each pannier?

Can you tell me a bit more about the hitch? Does it require a special rear skewer?

Could you possibly post more pictures showing the separate components?

Thanks
geomannie
tenbikes

Post by tenbikes »

I'll get on to this asap, but it will be a few hours as I have to work a while .............
richardfm

Post by richardfm »

geomannie wrote: 17 May 2024, 8:05am I could be interested but I don't fully understand how the trailer works. My current understanding is that it is a single wheel (not supplied) that supports a pannier rack onto which two panniers can be attached. Is this right? You are selling both the mount for the wheel and the two panniers?

If so I am a little confused about the mesh holder. Is there one on each pannier?

Can you tell me a bit more about the hitch? Does it require a special rear skewer?

Could you possibly post more pictures showing the separate components?

Thanks
Have a look at this site https://extrawheel.com/categories/bicycle-trailers/

The thread title says it comes complete with wheel and bags.
Richard M
Cardiff
tenbikes

Post by tenbikes »

Here are some additional photos.

Wheel and two dry bags included, and a second skewer for a spare or to fit to a second bike.

note that direct frame mount parts are available [screw to mudguard/pannier braze-ons] if you'd rather not use OR skewers
Attachments
DSC_8582.JPG
DSC_8581.JPG
DSC_8580.JPG
DSC_8579.JPG
DSC_8578.JPG
geomannie

Post by geomannie »

Thanks for posting more pictures. I have been humming and hawing over buying. Currently I have a very cheap, large unbranded trailer bought second hand and need something better. However, using my current trailer yesterday I realised that what I really need is a better big one. My current usage is carrying bags of compost, taking stuff to the tip or getting/disposing of Xmas trees etc. I don't think yours will do these tasks.

Looks really nice though.
geomannie
tenbikes

Post by tenbikes »

I agree, it sounds like you need a flat bed type of trailer.
tenbikes

Re: Extra Wheel Trailer comp. with wheel and bags PRICE DROP 75

Post by tenbikes »

tenbikes wrote: 13 May 2024, 7:22pm These trailers now cost in excess of £400, but this one is the old style. The fixing system has not changed: it is superb: only the bag arrangement has changed.

I have used this off road and believe it is all but impossible to have the trailer accidently disconnect, which given the friction fit is counter intuitive! It does not lock in place so I guess would come off if really needed, like it the trailer suddenly got jammed. But it will get airborne and bounce around, hit trees and rocks with glancing blows and remain in place!

Uses the same dia wheel as your bike if you want, giving you a spare, though I have always used a 26" with big tyre [supplied]. standard QR.

Only one bag is shown in the photos but I have the pair....just need to find the other, which I reckon is in the motorhome!

I replaced the original cordage used to secure the mesh pockets with a strap which is faster and easier.

Price includes postage which is likely to be pricey ! However I can deliver anywhere between Inverness and Hull.......
tenbikes

Post by tenbikes »

Humph! Something didn't work there......tried to edit to reflect a price drop from 100 to 75 delivered.....
elPedro666

Post by elPedro666 »

tenbikes wrote:Humph! Something didn't work there......tried to edit to reflect a price drop from 100 to 75 delivered.....
Will drop you a PM shortly; I'd like this please ImageImage

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my Pixel 6 using hovercraft full of eels.