MTB style 9 speed cassette and mech wanted

Private Small Ads only. Dealers, traders or commercials will be deleted.
taps

MTB style 9 speed cassette and mech wanted

Post by taps »

MTB style 9 speed cassette and mech needed for my Dawes Karakum 2008, so I think its a MTB type. I do need other components too but these are the bottom line to keep me moving. Originally it was Deore with rapid-fire shifters (my shifters are quite knackered as well!). Thanks!
tenbikes

Re: MTB style 9 speed cassette and mech wanted

Post by tenbikes »

I am fairly sure I have a cassette and XT 9sp shifters, and an XT 3 chainring crankset........I moved to 11sp but kept some 9 in the drawer....I'll have a look!

Tony
taps

Post by taps »

Thanks!
tenbikes

Post by tenbikes »

Right, I definitely have XT shifters in mint condition, and XT crankset / BB.

I think the cassette is on a 26er wheelset in the second shed but I've mislaid the key. The wife will find it I'm sure: you know how it is !

I'll post picture tomorrow.

Tony
tenbikes

Post by tenbikes »

Ok, this is what I have:

XT shifters are hardly used. I removed the indicators because it allows you more range in layout, but you can put them back on easily enough.

The cassette is 11-34, Shimano, but I don't recall which model. Hopefully the photos will show that it is in good condition.

£65 posted for both.

I have an XT crankset complete with BB but I'm inclined to hang on to this for a future build.
Attachments
DSC_8621.JPG
DSC_8620.JPG
DSC_8612.JPG
walkman-man

Post by walkman-man »

I have XT shifters and rear mech, a good bit older than the above ones so will obviously be cheaper than them. Also have a Shimano cassette somewhere with suitable ratios though can't remember what the model is.
taps

Post by taps »

Thanks so much, spoilt for choice! I'll have a quick think and get back to you pronto :D
tenbikes

Post by tenbikes »

I priced mine based on completed items on eBay. There were plenty that were cheaper [older style, looked very used] and some that were 65+ shifters only.
Certainly you can find lots for less.......
taps

Post by taps »

ah I see, so in the shifters photo the indicators are separate because you removed them? I didn't know you could do that! I wonder how many people actually use / look at the indicator?
tenbikes

Post by tenbikes »

You can only remove them on certain models.

Yep, generally a waste of time/cost. Removing them makes setting up on the bars much easier/gives greater range of options. They interfere with some types of brakes.