CTC shop

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
RobM

CTC shop

Post by RobM »

well went though the shop process to order a new saddle and when i saw it was wiggle i was feeling quite pleased about that as i've used them before for various Mountain bike stuff

Anyway ordered the saddle and two days later its arrived and sitting next to me at work

excellent :D :D
follow my trip http://robs-lejog.blogspot.com
Just in case your feeling a little generous http://www.justgiving.com/Rob-Mahony/
Cunobelin

Re: CTC shop

Post by Cunobelin »

Wiggle use City LInk

I do not use any Company that uses City Link......
peter236uk

CTC SHOP

Post by peter236uk »

I was looking to buy some gear from the CTC shop ie wiggle as CTC boast 10% discount to members well I wanted to buy 2 items a pair of shorts and rack bag however on looking around I was able to buy both items at a cheaper price from Chain reaction cycles both items not in a sale plus free delivery.
Seems to me us members do not get a great deal from Wiggle or CTC come to that.
peter236uk

Post by peter236uk »

I use wiggle and many others but have posted that I was dispointed with CTC and Wiggle as its advertised as a 10% saving to CTC members and I wanted couple of items shorts and rack back both even with discount where cheaper at Chain reaction cycles.
Jimmy The Hand

Re: CTC SHOP

Post by Jimmy The Hand »

peter236uk wrote:I was looking to buy some gear from the CTC shop ie wiggle as CTC boast 10% discount to members well I wanted to buy 2 items a pair of shorts and rack bag however on looking around I was able to buy both items at a cheaper price from Chain reaction cycles both items not in a sale plus free delivery.
Seems to me us members do not get a great deal from Wiggle or CTC come to that.

Got to ask, same brand name or a cheaper version?
RobM

Post by RobM »

would be nice idea if a member from wiggle could act as customer service on this forum
follow my trip http://robs-lejog.blogspot.com
Just in case your feeling a little generous http://www.justgiving.com/Rob-Mahony/
Tandem Man

CTC Shop/Wiggle

Post by Tandem Man »

I ordered some goods from the CTC Shop on Monday lunchtime,parcel arrived today lunchtime ( Wednesday ) and that's with the free postage as well.

Got a decent discount for CTC Membership plus £5 off for a code I was sent.

Excellent service.

( I see the free sweets have returned as well ).

Ian
Ian From Wakefield
hugo67

Re: CTC Shop/Wiggle

Post by hugo67 »

Can someone shed some light onto how Wiggle got its name? A strange name for a Sports outfitter!
keithpoole

Post by keithpoole »

I just logged into the CTC shop too. A bit annoying it keeps changing as I was registered with it from last year but now its Wiggle. Anyway, can anyone tell me how the discount system works? There was no field to enter that i was a CTC member and the discounts offered seem to apply to anybody. :?:
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

As I said on another thread .....

You enter the shop from CTC and when you check out, it asks for your CTC membership number.
That's the way it's supposed to work, and it worked just fine for me a few weeks ago.

The 10% discount is not on top of any other discount. It only applies to the non-discounted products. Also, for every CTC member purchase, Wiggle give some dosh to the CTC.
Mick F. Cornwall
Tony1968

CTC Shop

Post by Tony1968 »

Over the years I've bought a few things from CTC shop. Last major purchase (under Evans) was a Pashley Sonnet for my wife, saving about £50 off rrp.
earlier this year I tried to buy some pedals, a lock and a book. The pedals and lock arrived promptly and were as described but the book was on permanent back order and eventually I got fed up waiting and bought off Amazon instead. Fair enough but the book in question was "Cyclecraft" - surely something the main cycling organisation in britain should be able to sell to its members?

Normally when I want to buy something I try to use my LBS or the CTC shop before checking SJSC, Spa Cycles, Wiggle etc. but since Wiggle took over the CTC shop seems to have degenerated to being just Wiggle with a pretend discount. I can't find a Pashley Roadster, Dynamos and lights or a decent range of mudguards. The town/hybrid section has an awful lot of derraillier bikes with sus forks and no mudguards and best of all is the touring section with a total range of THREE bikes - fantastic first port of call for THE national "Cyle Touring Club"! I can't even find a proper set of mudguards for my Daughter's bike (though SJSC have a wide range).

The Internet is stuffed with Bike shops selling MTB and Road Racing kit, as are all LBS's, Halfords and various other Car Accessory Franchises. Those of us who do silly things like commute or go touring with our bikes have different requirements. Our family fleet includes Thorn, Pashley and Brompton so while I'm always keen on a bargain I'm not afraid to spend money on quality.

Is it me or should the official CTC shop stock a useful range of bikes, parts, accessories, books etc.? Or is the a useless, outdated benefit that should simply go to the highest bidder?
james01

Post by james01 »

The supplier who seems most closely to meet the traditional CTC requirements is Spa Cycles. They stock all the usual consumables for tourists - tyres, mudguards, transmission parts (especially chainrings) etc. And yes,you can actually buy dynamos from them!
Si

Post by Si »

Actually, I think BikePlus was nearest - plus they already had a great customer service set up in place.
But they might be seperated from us by a burned bridge now :cry:
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

james01 wrote:The supplier who seems most closely to meet the traditional CTC requirements is Spa Cycles. They stock all the usual consumables for tourists - tyres, mudguards, transmission parts (especially chainrings) etc. And yes,you can actually buy dynamos from them!

"Discuss"

(It could be set as an assessment centre question.)
10in10bikeride

Post by 10in10bikeride »

I am having a bad time with wiggle [ well city link], twice in as many visits to wiggle for bits and bobs, the delivery is screwed up, you then have to either deal with city link or email wiggle,i live in a small village just about everyone knows everyone but they can not find the address,[all other courier companys deliver without fail] i think ctc should start to think if they need to be involved with wiggle, they may do good deals etc but whats the use if you get bad service from them and there chosen courier.............10in10bikeride

Private message