Lidl

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
markis42

Lidl

Post by markis42 »

I am sure everybody knows but Lidl have various items on sale again.Just got a spare pair of shoes and a shirt along with a pair for the better half.Cant beat it for quality and value.One thing i noticed was the cycle jacket which i tried on and i must say it felt very close in quality to my own Altura and only £9.99!.
Get down there for a bargain.
Proud_Salopian

Re: Lidl

Post by Proud_Salopian »

I have to aggree. I've just come back from Lidl fully laden with various cycling apparel & bits. Not the highest quality, but long sleeved jerseys for £5.99 can't be sniffed at. I also picked up the panniers they have, which also look to be pretty hard waring. On visiting the shop I was also really impressed by their cycle parking provision. Well down Lidl!
hugo67

Post by hugo67 »

I got a pair of cycling gloves from Lidl they were reflective had gel palms, were warm in winter and cool in summer. Absorb sweat and seem to do a good job in drying the glove off in the air = and they only cost £2.50 - a lot cheaper than £24.50! from Altura or similar. Great Bargain! I also got a short sleeved lycra Nike jersey with wicking qualities for £5.99 from Amazon, so then I got a goretex wicking properties wind-proof, storm-proof Cycling jacket for £8.99 and sleeveless carbon-coloured base layer by Helly Hansen for £4.99 all from Amazon co uk How can they do that for such low prices? Goretex is usually in the mid fifties to get a hold of. Really excellent I guess it pays to shop around!
fatboy

Post by fatboy »

I've got a couple of Lidl Jerseys which do tend to hold sweat a bit longer than my better ones, but at a fraction of the cost I'll live with it. I also bought a cycle rack for hanging bikes off the wall. Cheap and seems fine and it means that we've finally sorted out the garage and my bike no longer lives in the shed!

The cycle shoes actually look OK as well. I suspect that I will soon turn into Lidlman!
"Marriage is a wonderful invention; but then again so is the bicycle puncture repair kit." - Billy Connolly
woollee23

Post by woollee23 »

Cycling shoes back in our local Lidl on 31st August.

Under a tenner too!
MattyDeez

Post by MattyDeez »

I checked out my local lidl and the cycling shoes only go up to a 11, shame really.

I'm a size 12.
nigel_s

Post by nigel_s »

Got a pair of Lidl shoes to replace my old Shimanos. Very comfortable, and feel and look the biz. At under a tenner it's got to be good value even if they don't last as long.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Just bought a pair too. £9.99 can't be bad!

I bought them so I can ride my Raleigh Chopper better. I'm one of those strange people who doesn't own a pair of trainers, so these will do quite nicely. They have a good hard sole, but I won't fit any cleats SPD or otherwise.
Mick F. Cornwall
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

The cost of living (or cycling) is obviously dearer here in Wales.
The Lidl shoes were £16.99 this time around. :evil:
mbailey

Post by mbailey »

I got some cycle shoes when they had them in end of July and I was disapointed.

The thread on that the SPD clear fixes to ripped out on one of the shoes. The plate had additional holes, so I attached another cleat, and again it ripped out after only a few miles riding.

It was with in 28 days, so I was able to take them back and get a full refund.