Pembrokeshire?

Anything relating to the clubs associated with Cycling UK
-walsh-

Pembrokeshire?

Post by -walsh- »

anyone here a member of the group in pembrokeshire?
Richard

Re: Pembrokeshire?

Post by Richard »

Yes. Maenclochog.
-walsh-

Post by -walsh- »

hopefully I will be coming along to the next ride!
Richard

Post by Richard »

I should of asked which group! I ride with Pembrokeshire Velo which is primarily a racing focused club. There's also the Tenby Aces who are a friendly bunch to ride with. The Velos run time trials every Wednesday which you'd be welcome at. The Tenby Aces have various club rides, not surprisingly starting in Tenby!

http://www.pembs-velo.co.uk

http://www.tenby-aces.co.uk/ (doesn't seem to be working at the moment but if you're interested I'll find more about them for you)

Rich.
-walsh-

Post by -walsh- »

Ah I was referring to the freewheelers, but Also am thinking of trying the aces too as Im slowly getting into road riding!
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

Gents, apologies for delay, but I don't often look in this section, but as it's a wet day today.....
Yes, Walsh, I am a member of the Freewheelers.
I take it you have seen our rides list and you are obviously welcome to join us to try us out.
Did you send a query by any chance via our webhost, as he passed on some details of someone interested, also called Scott?
Our next ride is a fairly rural one over Bank Holiday weekend, and you are advised to bring along a packed lunch if you come, as there are no cafe stops (and maybe not even shops) on route.
I have checked the Tenby Aces website and have been told it is still down, but if you are interested in joining them, your best bet is to pop in to Tenby Cycles, where John is the co-ordinator and will give you all the details.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Richard wrote:Yes. Maenclochog.

Totally OT...

I used to take Army radiography students to the campsite up there as part of their adventure training..... they use to have to do the usual footslogging around the Prescelli hills whilst the instructors used to bomb round in Landrovers.

Except for the two Navy personnel who used to bomb around on mountain bikes instead - the Army used to think we were crazy, but we put up with the hell of having to cycle around the hills and wait in pubs and cafes for the students, a tough job but someone had to do it.
-walsh-

Post by -walsh- »

yep that scott is me! hopefully I can come along to the next ride.