Cycling and wind ....

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
yldee

Re: Cycling and wind ....

Post by yldee »

speedsixdave wrote:It gives me wind too! You are not alone! I asked that very same question on here a few years ago and was met with an agonising silence.

Having said that I have no good advice, and no solution. It doesn't get me every time, and only ( I think) on the road bike, on which I am more bent over and stretched out. I expect the crunching up of the guts is partly to blame.

Thinking about it now, it's not been so bad recently. I've had a bad back which has resulted - in cycling terms - in raising the bars and shortening the reach on all my bikes. Mebbe this has resulted in less wind? I have no proper evidence.

Would you be prepared to lose that low aero position for the sake of your belly? DO you ride drops?

Best of luck with it!

Sorry to hi-jack this post, but I'm hoping to contact speedsixdave rather urgently.. Dave (?) if you read this could you check out the Aende page I created on Flickr? or email me directly at yldmanmrk@yahoo.com ? thanks
John Hunter

Post by John Hunter »

sharpy wrote:
John Hunter wrote:Our staple diet at home is pasta and lentils ..... cheap and cheerful. I also have a couple of pieces of fruit each day.

I think it is the processes of breaking this food down to fuel the cycle that causes it!!!!!

Either that or I'm rotting from the inside out!!!!

John,
I seem to remember that you were always a little vocal in the 'personal wind' area. Swapping from a Gi to bike will not cure this particualr affliction :D

They have changed my nickname ... once I was 'Big John'! Now I am 'Parp John'! :lol:
Formula for how many bikes you should own = n+1 (where n is the number of bikes you already own)
Gearoidmuar

Post by Gearoidmuar »

The Swedes were very big into this...

They call it FARTLEK
CREPELLO

Post by CREPELLO »

Eat or drink plenty of yoghurt. The good bacteria will stabilise the war going on in your gut and return you to relative peace. I'm going to make yoghurt tonight :P
thekelticfringe

Post by thekelticfringe »

Big into what??
Pedal faster, I hear banjos!