Brooks Site Technical Info

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
robwa10

Brooks Site Technical Info

Post by robwa10 »

I've seen it mentioned a couple of times that Brooks have some technical info on their site. Items such as sit bone to saddle size measurement and similar but I don't see anything technical like this on their site. Where is it, can anyone offer a link to such insights?
Just Rob please.
asterix

Re: Brooks Site Technical Info

Post by asterix »

Must admit that I can imagine that sort of information becoming available at the beginning of April..
mw3230

Post by mw3230 »

I think that the you may be referring to their Premier Made to Measure Service which is exclusively for the wives of footballers and Russian Mafia bosses. Apparently, it's necessary to have the maid, or another member of staff, smear your unclothed posterior in black printers ink and then you sit on a special sheet of paper. The resulting impression allows the craftspersons at Brooks to fashion a perfect fitting saddle which is already broken in
Retired and loving it
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

mw3230 wrote:..............exclusively for the wives of footballers ...............it's necessary to have the maid, or another member of staff, smear your unclothed posterior in black printers ink ...............

Each to their own of course, but I'm surprised the moderators haven't come down on this like a ton of bricks.
patricktaylor

Post by patricktaylor »

Whether this helps, I don't know, but you can search Google in a way that finds all a website's pages, or at least the ones Google knows about. It's done by searching this way:

site:www.brooksengland.com
site:www.brookssaddles.com

(they have two websites)
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Before this forum was updated, the included search facility was awful, and I used to use that method to search.
It works very well.
site:forum.ctc.org.uk
Mick F. Cornwall
robwa10

Post by robwa10 »

I'm completely lost now by my own thread. I think that the post about the made to measure was tongue in cheek as much as anything else. Why would the info become available in April? It would seem that both the Brooks sites are the same even though they have different names. And in terms of searching on here my problem is that people have mentioned that the info is on the website but never given a link.
Just Rob please.