CTC Peterborough

Anything relating to the clubs associated with Cycling UK
JT

CTC Peterborough

Post by JT »

I'm pleased to announce that CTC Peterborough have launched their new website today.

http://www.ctcpeterborough.org.uk

If you are a local member or are interested in joining, please take a look at the site and perhaps even complete our survey.

It's early days but there are plans to expand the site and make it relevant for all Peterborough's cyclists. However, the first priority is to get a regular weekend ride organised for our existing members.
JT

Re: CTC Peterborough

Post by JT »

An inaugural meeting will be held on Sunday February 28th at 10am in the Ridgeway room at Longthorpe Village Hall.

The purpose of the meeting is to elect a committee for CTC Peterborough.

The meeting will last no longer than one hour and (depending on the weather) there will be a short group ride afterwards.

For full details please check our website: http://www.ctcpeterborough.org.uk/agm
Regulator

Post by Regulator »

JT wrote:An inaugural meeting will be held on Sunday February 28th at 10am in the Ridgeway room at Longthorpe Village Hall.

The purpose of the meeting is to elect a committee for CTC Peterborough.

The meeting will last no longer than one hour and (depending on the weather) there will be a short group ride afterwards.

For full details please check our website: http://www.ctcpeterborough.org.uk/agm

I shall try and make it JT, if you'd like me to come along...

Greg
JT

Post by JT »

That would be great. I don't really have any experience with formal committees and that so some moral support would be nice.

Neither of my local councillors can make it although one of them isn't really that local anyway.
Simon L6

Post by Simon L6 »

twitter, eh? Very modern. We'll have to look in to that.

Great site!
Si

Post by Si »

Simon L6 wrote:twitter, eh? Very modern. We'll have to look in to that.

What we need is a committee putting together to produce a 'way forward' guide for "setting up your MG's website, forum, mail lists, blogs and other digital media for dummies" :wink:

There are loads of CTC bobs out there with plenty of good ideas for this - just need to cherry pick the best of it and translate it into a form that the not-so-experienced-in-IT can easily follow and use for their MG. It's my experience that, despite the common misconception of the fuddy-duddy image, lots of CTC people are keen to exploit these new technologies but are hampered by not knowing where to start with a subject that seems to have a big learning curve and a secret language all of its own.
JT

Post by JT »

Just a reminder that the inaugural meeting of this group takes place this Sunday, the 28th February. The venue is Longthorpe Village Hall from 10am-11am.

Don't forget your membership card, if you intend to come along vote.

See our website for details of the meeting and venue.
JT

Post by JT »

CTC Peterborough has two rides organised this weekend.

On Saturday 22nd we're setting off from Norman Cross (the car park behind the hotel) and heading for BUNS at New Lodge Farm in Bulwick. The ride starts at 9am, the total distance is around 40 miles and we should be back by 2pm.

On Sunday afternoon, there is a shorter, easy ride to Deeping St. James. This one starts from Thorpe Meadows (by the rowing club) at 1pm and we'll be welcomed for tea and cakes at The Old Bakery before heading back. Total distance of just under 20 miles.

For details of all our rides, see our website:
http://www.ctcpeterborough.org.uk